M1 reborn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M1 reborn?

i just saw in the new road and track that BMW may be making a new M1, they have a picture that i think is CG but it looks pretty sweet except the grills...(like the 3 series on hood style) if they do it they better do it good.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

There's been speculation over a mid-engine BMW supercar for years, sometimes referred to as a Z10.

I'll wait until BMW officially releases information about it. Until then it's just speculation. And to me, speculation = bullshit.

Comment

its true!!
      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

We shall see, unless they are calling the purposed M2 as the M1. Many car magazines dont know about the history of the car so they wouldnt make the mid engined supercar connection.
        Im now E30less.
        sigpic

Comment

the M2 is gonna be a FR coupe.

"Having won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car." - Simply put, E30s kick ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis
            speculation = bullshit.
            right-ee-oe

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
            1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
            1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis
              There's been speculation over a mid-engine BMW supercar for years, sometimes referred to as a Z10.

I'll wait until BMW officially releases information about it. Until then it's just speculation. And to me, speculation = bullshit.
              we're talking years and years. i remember back in the day before i was even into the car scene i read a car mag that did a spread on two concepts one from MB and one from BMW. we're talking at least '97.
              everyonce and a while the rumor resurfaces. who knows though?

Comment

In the new "Road and Track" they had a small piece on the new BMW supercar, called the z10, with a picture.

'88 325is
                VP UT of Austin Autoholics
                BMWCCA 380364

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan325iC
                  In the new "Road and Track" they had a small piece on the new BMW supercar, called the z10, with a picture.
                  Most likely a HEAVILY doctored computer generated pic. I mean, I have an issue where the mags were FIRST talking about BMW building the six again and the generated image they had could not even forsee the direction the jokers in the design department were about to go with BMW styling. Needless to say the ned result looked NOTHING like it.

Comment

Looked real enough to me, but maybe I just underestimate people's photoshop abilities. There was a guy sitting in it and all. Can they really do that?

'88 325is
                    BMWCCA 380364

Comment

Yeah dude, some people are uber leet with ps.

Comment

was it the blue one? if so thats the one i saw... it looks pretty real, but you can kinda tell its too smooth to be real, and there arent any reflection etc.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

The ones with the people sitting with it are sometimes when they start out with the picture of another car asnd Pshop certain parts of it and leave a general signature of the old cars styling cues or of some other recent-styling-direction car there and modify the rest. Cuz Ive seen the same pic with another car and the dudes the same, along with the lighting and the backround in exact fashion.

Comment

Yea, I looked at it again, it's obviously pshopped. A mid engine BMW would be sick though.

'88 325is
                            BMWCCA 380364

Comment

If They Release An M2 Im Putting My Name On The Wait List Right Away.

Comment

Working...
                              X