No announcement yet.

Anybody wanna kill their PO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PKR - You can fix the paint with an orbital buffer. Griot's sells the best one but there are cheaper ones. They also sell a series of polishes that go from cutting to finishing. It might take a day or two but you'll be happy with the results.

Originally posted by PKR View Post
    My PO was def a mixed bag. On the + side there was only one PO and they kept every single record of work done on the car. They also kept it inside most of the time. On the other hand somewhere along the line somebody tried to polish or wax the car when it was dirty, so now it is covered with tons of small. fine scratches. Not the end of the world but def more than little ol' me can handle.
    sigpic

Comment

The PO of my car stripped out all but 2 of the threads for the valve cover bolts... Helicoiled them and it kinda helped.

Comment

Mine was riced out when I got it.

But really not horrendous for the price.
        1997 540i/6 - stock
        1985 325 - M50NV - Getrag 250 - 2.79 LSD - MS2/e -LC-1 - 750cc injectors - Blunttech Manifold - HX35 - AEM UEGO
        1991 318i - M50NV - Getrag 240 - 4.10 open - e36 rack - Smileys - 55w 5000k HIDs

Comment

I actually pay attention to what I'm buying, so no, PO is fine by me.

And so far the PO of the M3 seems to have been completely honest with the car, which is awesome,
          sigpic

Comment

No, he's my dad. He did everything well except letting it rot in our driveway for 9 years. Of course, without that, I wouldn't have the e30 knowledge that I do now.
            IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

22's takes the cake. i feel your pain on those valve cover bolt holes in the head being stripped out.
              DENY IGNORANCE!
              Schwarz 325-totaled
              brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
              don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

"its just missing the springs for the handbrake" he said... "Not a hard fix" I was told...

Not only were the springs missing, everything but the cables were missing, from both sides...

Comment

ugh the po of my e30 had cut these big ass holes for speakers in the back, used wood screws for my underpanel on the steering wheel and for the rug on by the door.

one time iwent out pretty far to go look at this e30 that supposedly ran, i get their and the owner told me it started up."it was running, my dad did something to it".fucking moron wasting my time. then he wanted me to take it. ugh some people shouldnt mess around with cars.

Comment

Originally posted by KI4UJO View Post
                    No, he's my dad. He did everything well except letting it rot in our driveway for 9 years. Of course, without that, I wouldn't have the e30 knowledge that I do now.
                    You have a really good point. My first E30 was an '84 325e, I had wanted one since I first looked at used car ads, like AutoTrader magazines. Broadband wasn't common back then lol. Anyways, I turned 18, bought the first good looking manual trans E30 I found (like an excited 18 year old would) and the story goes from there. I was lucky everything actually worked on the car, but it was all jimmy-rigged. Cuts in the wiring harness, etc. I did all I could to make it right though, ended up being a great car. I then traded in it at a dealer as part payment for my '89 ic, which was PRESTINE :). Back then, the IC was only 11 years old though, heh. Anyways, I did a carfax on the eta for shits and giggles, it went to the crusher I guess, in Olympia after '04 (wasn't ever registered again).

Sucks that sometimes your hard work will last forever, and other times it gets all wasted.
                    I do what I want

Past BMWs: '84 325e, '89 325ic, '92 525i, '91 325ic, '89 535i, '86 325es

Comment

I've never blamed POs for shit that was wrong with cars I have bought. I always blame myself for not paying attention when buying.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince30 View Post
                        I've never blamed POs for shit that was wrong with cars I have bought. I always blame myself for not paying attention when buying.
                        Of course, but some people on here are probably first time buyers, so let it be a warning to them. You're absolutely right.
                        I do what I want

Past BMWs: '84 325e, '89 325ic, '92 525i, '91 325ic, '89 535i, '86 325es

Comment

First of all, I fully blame myself for this.

My car leaks oil like a mofo, PO said it's never dripped onto his driveway. Absolute BS, leaks a TON. Other than that I knew most of the major issues before buying it.
                          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Mine polished the fuck out of the paint on mine. Clear coats gone and paint is swirly as shit. At least their aren't more then ten door dings.
                            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                            willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
                              I hate people bitching about finding shit on a used old car they bought. Next time look at the fucking car before you buy it. Some people get so hawt and bothered when looking at cars and just say YES!!!! I'll take it!!!
                              This. Some of this stuff sounds like things you'd be checking before you unload a whole heap of hard earned on the car. But some stuff you don't really check because it shouldn't be necessary (ie. the PO sealing the FUCKING TAILIGHTS WITH SILICONE!!! WTF?!!!?)

Comment

My PO was a freakin artard. He said a bunch of the parts were new but they were shitty salvage parts. Those arent considered new!!! he also jerry rigged hella other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X