Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on this car? Good buy or no go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on this car? Good buy or no go?

I plan to take a look at it Sunday and maybe picking it up if it all goes well.

Now he said that he needs to change the carrier for it like it mentioned in the ad, is that a big problem or one of those easy fix, he said he'll take care of it.

Also changing the tranny is that a good thing or bad thing? He said that when he last bought the car the owner basically sold it to him with a bad tranny that only stayed in 1st gear so he had to do the work for it and took a tranny out of a 325 with 60k miles on it.

Oh also he's willing to give it to me for $2500 without the sub and the amp.
    sigpic

If he will take care of the carrier than dont worry about it, i would say go for it if you want a sedan, it seems to be in pretty good shape. Changing the tranny is a very good thing. Previous owner probably never could drive stick very well, if the tranny has only 60k you should be fine. Good Luck with your purchase and i hope to see it in the members ride section.

Comment

tooo much for the car with that milage and problems... $2500? take it if he'd go to $1500. I know that m20ies run foreva, but that's just a lot for that price...

Comment

Originally posted by I_like_E30
        tooo much for the car with that milage and problems... $2500? take it if he'd go to $1500. I know that m20ies run foreva, but that's just a lot for that price...
        my buddy told me to try and hit him with 2000
        sigpic

Comment

Asking is a fair price, especially with a new transmission.

Hell, I'd pay up to 4 for a clean example with that much mileage, miles means nothing, its the body you should REALLY be shopping for.

Comment

I would let you know when you're paying too much for the car. It really is all relative. Compare it to other E30s in the area, and if you think that car is the one to go for, then that price seems fair.
            The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Working...
            X