My Pistons Let Me Show You them.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    In the punched block.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    Bump

    A little progress
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • TurboJake
    replied
    Purdy....

    Do want....

    Leave a comment:


  • Zasz
    replied
    Damn.

    Leave a comment:


  • Oly_Schmidt
    replied
    Those are seks! I may order some just to have 'em.
    Spent many years as a machinist and really like the combustion surface. Can't tell without a dyno/flow bench, but you may have something special there.
    Good luck with the build.

    Leave a comment:


  • diegom6
    replied
    Those look fat, thick and bulletproof!

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish1
    Do you have a link to Paul's web-site or at least a e-mail addy? It'd be helpful. Thanks.
    PM'd

    Leave a comment:


  • Irish1
    replied
    Do you have a link to Paul's web-site or at least a e-mail addy? It'd be helpful. Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    342 grams

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    what do they weigh, BTW?

    Leave a comment:


  • ohthejosh
    replied
    Those are amazing!

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian D
    Sorry, we decided that he's doing the head too, so it'll all be screwed together when it gets here.
    Oh well, at least I'll get a ride :p

    Leave a comment:


  • Brian D
    replied
    Originally posted by Holland
    So am I going to get to see a nice set of pistons like this in the flesh?
    Sorry, we decided that he's doing the head too, so it'll all be screwed together when it gets here.

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian D
    Paul's a hell of a guy, and he does everything he can to work with people to make things happen. I can't wait to see the results of your build, it sounds like we are on the same track, I'm just starting with a little bigger block!
    So am I going to get to see a nice set of pistons like this in the flesh?

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver
    I don't know if your post was directed at me, but my comment in no way was referring to the design of the piston, merely how it was machined. I run CNC mills at work and can tell how the pistons were made just by looking at them and the way they were done seemed odd. Either way, they will still be the same shape/design, it's just a matter of finish and machine time. There are several ways to skin a cat as they say.
    Agreed. I think what Lorin is saying is that Paul knows what he is doing. Give him a call and ask him. I'm not interested as his knowledge and expertise eclipses even my thought of comprehending a piston design.

    Leave a comment:

Working...