Aerodynamics of a convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
    that and the rear trunk might be why the m3 is much lower.
    That is exactly why.

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
      why the hell does an ix have a higher drag CoD? the fender flares? really? or maybe the fact it has an i lip and not an is lip? any info there?

lowering the car is also good for a reduction in CoD. the lower the better, actually. that and the rear trunk might be why the m3 is much lower.
      I'm guessing it's due to a taller ride height and a front diff and T-case.
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

WTF

There is only one shap that provides the least drag. The tear drop. That is all. Look at modern supercars and ecocars. Look at shit that goes through bonnevile. Goddamn.

Comment

Originally posted by wholethingoff View Post
          WTF

There is only one shap that provides the least drag. The tear drop. That is all. Look at modern supercars and ecocars. Look at shit that goes through bonnevile. Goddamn.

Right. No one asked anything about that, and even at that - it does not apply here. An airfoil (tear drop) is the most aerodynamic shape. But the front of an E30 is not an airfoil, so the principle you brought up itself in flawed.
          1987 Delphin 325e Sedan - Natalie
          1990 325i 24v
          1997 Chevrolet K1500 Crew Cab 4x4 - The Centurion

Comment

Originally posted by wholethingoff View Post
            WTF

We were discussing the aerodynamics of a convertible and the topic of top up or down... not what shape is better...

To that point I disagree that the teardrop is the most efficient. The Kammtail foil creates the same minimal drag area but reduces drag at yaw...

But we aren't arguing that so WTF and Goddamn

1987 BMW 325ic - Emma

Comment

Working...
            X