No announcement yet.

e30 vs ignorant truck = :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

involve the police for what? it was hit at the shop; that's an issue separate from the previous damage. i just want my car back to where it was a week ago.
    1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
    1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
    1974 2002tii / stock
    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

roflmao, great job buddy.

1. Never trust anyone, you should have had the police involved from the get go.
      2. What the fuck shop did you take this to where they can't meet deadlines?
      3. Again, what the fuck shop did you take this to where they drive your car?
      4. Why would you not get the police involved? They drove your car-WITHOUT your permission. And what/who did they hit?! Pictures of damage??

Jesus Christ, I would have had Style 5's, a Euro S50 and GC coilovers by now at the bare minimum between the original guy and shop owner just to keep quiet.

Comment

Sounds like a Vlad job.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rsully70sev View Post
          roflmao, great job buddy.

1. Never trust anyone, you should have had the police involved from the get go.
          2. What the fuck shop did you take this to where they can't meet deadlines?
          3. Again, what the fuck shop did you take this to where they drive your car?
          4. Why would you not get the police involved? They drove your car-WITHOUT your permission. And what/who did they hit?! Pictures of damage??

Jesus Christ, I would have had Style 5's, a Euro S50 and GC coilovers by now at the bare minimum between the original guy and shop owner just to keep quiet.
          luckily, i'm not a greedy asswipe like you. it's pretty easy to be critical across a computer screen.

i don't know for a fact if it was hit while moving it around the shop area or on the street. doesn't really make a difference to me. the damage is the same.
          1974 2002tii / stock
          2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Dude for all you know you're getting played. You said the guy knows the owner of the shop, you said it was "hood" to begin with, reelizmpro (I forget your real name) already told you his horror story which is very similar to this, and WAAAAM it happens. Now where's you proof of this hit and run to begin with?

There's a difference between being a greedy asswipe and getting played like a Bourbon Street skin flute. Now it's going under the shop's insurance, the guy is off the hook, and I 1000% guarantee they are going to do a sub par job. I'm sorry man, but you didn't play this well. There isn't documentation of much to be honest, and that scares me-for you.

And don't think I'm being an asshole here, yes I'm being very critical because you're getting FUCKED and I'm sorry to see it to be perfectly honest. I mean come on they haven't touched your car in over a week, then all of a sudden it's in an accident?! This is a shitty situation, I hope you prove me wrong and it's restored to it's original state.
            Last edited by Rsully70sev; 06-26-2012, 09:47 PM.

Comment

the rust spot has been fully sanded and sealed, the dents on the front clip had been taken to bare metal, smoothed out and primered. i still feel as though the shop owner is an honest person himself. the car was parked in a very affluent neighborhood when it was originally hit, and by a well-to-do older man. i HIGHLY doubt they're plotting together against me.

i still have an open police report and i still have his insurance information.

as a matter of fact, you are being kind of an asshole, so thanks but no thanks.
              1974 2002tii / stock
              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

I'd still like to see pictures too...and if you didn't take any of the new damage, I just don't know what to say man. I empathize with you here man, accidents are shitty in every case, but don't be taken advantage of, especially when the law is on your side.

Comment

relevant:

anyone ever seen this movie? its definitely worth it. lol

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

the pictures i took on my phone are pretty blurry and don't show too much. the hood is supposed to to be bent back by the time i come in the morning, and they're going to pay for/take care of everything related to the recent damage. i don't feel as though the shop is crooked, just maybe a little lazy, like many.
                    1974 2002tii / stock
                    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by Pl3wA View Post
                      relevant:

anyone ever seen this movie? its definitely worth it. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4CZrnEFxU
                      Downloading now lol. The end was the best part haha, just had to be a BMW.

Comment

But the Euro Grills!

]:

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Rsully70sev View Post
                          Downloading now lol. The end was the best part haha, just had to be a BMW.
                          Same here. Probably gonna watch it tonight...seems cool. How badly bent is the hood, OP? Does it look easily banged out, or do you think they should be replacing it?
                          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

i asked them point blank what their take on it was, telling them i had a buddy with a spare hood, and they said the bend could be cleared without body filler. the seam is consistent and i feel like an experienced hand could put it back, although it's right at the nose.
                            1974 2002tii / stock
                            2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                              the pictures i took on my phone are pretty blurry and don't show too much. the hood is supposed to to be bent back by the time i come in the morning, and they're going to pay for/take care of everything related to the recent damage. i don't feel as though the shop is crooked, just maybe a little lazy, like many.
                              Bent back...I don't like the sound of that...

I apologize for the "good job buddy" comment, and coming off as an asshole but if this were my car I would be angry. I'm angry and it isn't even my car lol. I was obviously exaggerating about the bribes, but you have to realize illegal issues are taking place in this ordeal.

-Hit and run in California carries a penalty of a misdemeanor including around $1,000 in fines, 2 points on their license, (increased insurance rates if they aren't dropped) and the possibility of imprisonment up to 6 months. (Although very unlikely) This well to do fellow could have been protecting himself from a possible DUI by running in the first place, then owning up to it. (No toxicology report, off the hook)

-You probably signed a release of liability letting the shop drive your car, but joyriding is another thing. This was an interesting read.

-Watch out if they try to put this under your insurance. Since it's a "hood" shop they may only have secondary insurance coverage.

-Don't settle if the work isn't done properly. It sounds like they are repairing things in good faith, but don't let it be shotty work.

Comment

i'm definitely upset, but i want to give them a chance to do their job before jumping to conclusions; although that leash is now pretty thin. no release of liability was signed.

they've been in the same location under the same ownership for over twenty years, so they're not exactly a fly-by-night operation. they may be on the less affluent side of town, but there are good shops there too. LA is weird like that, a couple miles can separate several million dollar houses from food stamps.
                                1974 2002tii / stock
                                2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Working...
                                X