Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to purchase a 318is - What do you think of this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to purchase a 318is - What do you think of this?

Hey guys!

Looking specifically for a 318is and came across this on ebay. I used to own a 325i. Im slightly worried about the previous cracked head repair but it looks to be in excellent shape. What do you think, good buy?

anyone?

Comment

That looks great, just go and test drive it if you possibly can to see if it works mechanically as it should after such a rebuild.. I doubt that there would be any problems tho'..

The trunk is missing the spare tire and the battery cover. Both disappeared when I had it over at the shop that did the engine work

...vlad?
      >.<
      ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

Looks really clean, check for rust in the usual places and follow the threads and you will be alright. How are you gonna get from NYC to Cali? Wouldn't you rather find something local?

Comment

The problem with NY cars is that they have rust, I'm looking for something clean, i'm not sure if I'm going to grab this or not yet. I may look a bit more. Does it seem like a decent price?

Comment

I would have a nice cross country road trip.

Comment

I think it's decently priced yeh, if the guy have all that money invested in it he'd probably not wanna go down on the price, but maybe you could get it for 4.300
              ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

seems a bit on the high priced side to me. no radio in a car for 4500 dollars, christ it costs 100 dollars for a new one, after getting that car to the other side o the u.s. you can add another 1500 tot he price, so no, it doesn't eem like a good deal to me.

If all of the work that was done on it is correct, it does seem like a great car though.- it probably need the complete suspension to be gone over now also.

Comment

Seems a little over priced. I would say it's more like a 2500 car. Cali or the southwest are definitely the best places to check for rust free cars though.

Comment

It might be a bit overpriced. I'd peg it somewhere in the 3,500 range.

Looks like a nice car. Probably cosmetically a bit better than mine.
                    STX e30
                    No. 10/110 STX: 1989 325i
                    DD: 1991 318is slicktop

SHAZAM, GOMER, LOOK AHEAD.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Hey, this may just be a bad, unlucky experience, but I was trying to buy this exact car three weeks ago. He said that the clutch is still original, and that none of the suspension parts have been replaced. He has no receipts, which is funny because of his claims about the work done. Also, he insisted on shipping the car while I wanted to go over there to see it. That piqued my suspicion. However, I did still want to get the car. I messaged him saying that I would have to wait a week to pick up the car and that I still planned on driving the car back. After that message, he ceased to contact me. I tried two more times to get in touch with him but to no avail. Just letting you know more about the seller.

Here was my original thread on Bimmerforums about the car:http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1855390

EDIT: Also, this is the fourth time this car has been listed. He was originally looking to get $4800, but I was the one who offered him $4500. Seeing as how he seems to be able to go lower- due to the inclusion of the Best Offer option- personally makes me think.
                        Last edited by KCTO; 07-16-2012, 03:05 PM. Reason: Forgot to include information

Comment

Very good cars when they are cared for. Not really cheap to fix the M42s when they break though.
                          B&C Foreign Car - BMW Service Ventura, California. Since 1975

Comment

didn't the listing end before you even created this thread?

Comment

No, there was still a day and a half left when i posted the question. Thanks for that info, I passed on it as well. I got a weird vibe and decided I really needed to test drive it for 4,500.

Comment

Working...
                              X