potentially buy a 1990 2dr 325is, need inputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

potentially buy a 1990 2dr 325is, need inputs

Hi there r3v people, I've been looking for an e30 for quite sometime now (but started to love them since august 1999 lol). I've been close to purchase a few ones, but something just doesnt feel right and holds me back. Right now I saw one and went to view the car personally. Here's the link:

The car is in a very good condition, mechanically sound, good paint, no warning lights (except for a blinking srs at the overhead check panel). It has the usual cracked dash and driverside seat support, obc light is busted, 176k miles, and thats about it. It was well serviced and timing belt was done a year ago.

It has a salvage title due to "duplicate title" about 2 yrs ago. No record of any damage or accident.

For reference, I would want my e30 to have plastic bumpers, automatic, and preferrably color blue (but any dark color would do).

All being said, is this car a good buy? Is the price good? Is the reason for it being salvage a deal breaker?

Im leaning towards getting a deal done, but would appreciate any insights/inputs from you guys. :D

Thank you for reading and drive in good health! ;)

Looks clean. You will want a manual though.
    E30 buildy things
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Decent price on this. Nice clean paint
      E30 buildy things
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

:D thanks for the time and reply MattAvino!

yup clean in person!

but are the issues not that of a problem?

Comment

I think if you have been looking since 1999 and you finally feel some what right about this car buy it.

Even if there are a few problems, you will fix them, and you will love to work on your car.

Comment

Why do you want an auto? If the title doesn't bother you, then go for it, but if you know that in your mind you'll always think of it as a salvage, then don't. You'll never really be happy with it.
            The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
            Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
            2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

That salvage means nothing. A duplicate title? That means that one was lost and they had to request another, right?

Don't listen to everyone here. Auto is fine, just eventually you may realize to want to mash through some gears, and then you can doa 5 speed swap for like $500.

Comment

The salvage turns me off to be honest.
                It does for every car. It's just something I don't like.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Man, we got some grade A waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffless up in here. won't even man up and buy a salvage vehicle. haha jp.

If it makes you guys feel better I wouldn't buy the car strictly cause of the salvage title. lol

Comment

What happened in August 1999?

Comment

Buy my car... :hitler:

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                        Man, we got some grade A waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffless up in here. won't even man up and buy a salvage vehicle. haha jp.

If it makes you guys feel better I wouldn't buy the car strictly cause of the salvage title. lol
                        You know, you are really annoying.

Comment

thanks for the input guys. personally, i wouldnt get a salvage car because of the point that it was damaged and will "never be the same again", but on this case, it was not damaged or something.

my cousin was the reason why i fell in love with an e30. on my senior year in hs (1999) i was given an advance college car/hs graduation gift by my parents. it was a brand new blue mitsu lancer/mirage 4dr 4cylinder 5speed manual. it is not quick at all but still love it. :D one time around august of 99, we had a family gathering, and we decided to take my car. when we get to the place, my other cousins were checking out my car. then i hear a deep rumble not that far from us, which no 4 cylinder can duplicate. then suddenly i saw 4 round headlights and a kidney grille going in my grand familys front yard, and parking next to me. it was my cuz with his family. his car is colored 1989,"royal blau", 2dr, hounds tooth interior, "is" stuff, ///M badge on trunk hood and seats, 14" weaves, oh that car was sexy! at that moment i wanna return my car to the dealership and get one like his :hitler:

so thats when the e30 fever started

Comment

and regarding my auto preference, i just like the way it shifts. plus i like the clean look with those brush thing at the shift plate lol

Comment

not a bad one i think. i would also take a look at those http://www.carfrom.us/car/search/act...armake=BMW_325 maybe there you'll be able to find something even better to deal with. and don't be so cruel to salvaged cars. no doubt they can be a risk and a total mess but that doesn't happen always. it's absolutely possible to find good cars with no serious damage just a couple of scratches.

Comment

Working...
                              X