Need advice on another car....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice on another car....

I have a 99 mitsubishi eclipse with a siezed motor. I still owe like 9 grand on the car and makign payments. Its valued at 10K with a workign motor. So as you can see i cant just sell it as it is. I was thinking of saving up money and getting another engine.... but it will cost me like 1700 to get one and get it installed. I was wondering.... can't i just get another head? B/c that will only cost me like 200 bucks. I dont know all the details about engines.... so if i'm missing something, please correct my ignorance. Thanks.
    E30 Dinan Turbo

unfortunately since your motor is seized youll most likely need to replace the whole motor (block and all). Sometimes when your timing belt breaks you can get away with just a new head but alas I dont think thats the case in your situation

Comment

does full insurance cover this?

In NYC you need to have full if your car is financed.

Comment

what trim level is it? if its a gst or gsx, you can pick up straight 1st gen 4g63's for under a grand. if not, just search forums and scoop a non turbo motor
        Originally posted by blunt
        can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

no i dont think full insurance coverage covers engine problems....... and yeah i can get a new motor for around 800.... and installation will be 700. I wish i could do it myself.... but i have never done this before.
          E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

just get a manual for your car, and an engine hoist. is it turbo or non turbo? if its non, go on dsmchat and see how cheap you can find a motor for
            Originally posted by blunt
            can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Working...
            X