Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switchblade Key from E-Bay...

Hey guys-
    I just got this switchblade-key from a guy on e-bay.
    First impressions, its a peice of crap. It looks cheap, feels cheap, and I am all around dissapointed in the quality of it. It doesn't open unless you snap your wrist holding the button down, and it just feels too lite and cheezy. The button is plastic and not metal like the real ones. Maybe I can fit the key blade into a real switchblade key and have it that way, but as it is now, I am not too happy with it...

just thought I would share, as I know lots of guys were interested in these keys a few weeks ago.

edit: after a few more flips it opens with less effort, but the blade is a bit loose in the assemble...
    '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
    '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
    '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
    iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
    sigpic

Im making these keys....i wasnt upset with mine.......my key when you hit the button the key flips right out.....pm me for more details

Comment

Originally posted by PatNy
      Im making these keys....i wasnt upset with mine.......my key when you hit the button the key flips right out.....pm me for more details
      Does yours feel like the real kind? i think it would suck if it was light

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up.

I thought they looked cheap.
        My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

it doesn't feel real at all... it feels like a hack-job oversea's creation...
          '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
          '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
          '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
          iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
          sigpic

Comment

My Mothers new Jetta came with like.. 3 spare keys... so i just stole one of hers and put my key on it =) the Swithcblade part has a little pin in it that holds the key in.. pop it out, out comes the key. Remove a spare key from its base, dremel the base of the actual key to match the removed VW key, and viola, E30 switchblade..

Course this requires you to have one of the ver pricey VW swithcblades =)

Comment

Does the big bulky switchblade key interfeir with any of the levers...wipers/cruise control?

Comment

Originally posted by LikeCDoos
                Does the big bulky switchblade key interfeir with any of the levers...wipers/cruise control?
                MY mom's passat "pod" wouldnt interfere with E30 anything.
                My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

Damn I got one of those a guy one Ebay also. :( At least I know now what to expect :x
                  Continuous For Sale Thread
                  323i s50

Comment

i already got a compustar remote, don't need any more bulky things on my keychain
                    Originally posted by blunt
                    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Working...
                    X