Car Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Covers

So what are people using these days? I'm looking for an outdoor cover that can withstand 100+ degree sunlight as well as slightly below freezing and rain during the winter. Any suggestions?
    sigpic
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

I have a calcarcover stormweave laying around from my dads old corvette, pretty nice cover I think it's like 170 new or something like that. Fits pretty well and has some decent thickness. Worked great for his vette in the California sun but not too sure about winter. I'd imagine it's just as good, I wouldnt let snow pile up on it or anything of course.

Originally posted by blunttech
    Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Should get the Noah car covers, 3-4 layers thick. They are usually custom fitted and around $150. I bought mine about 5yrs ago. Still doing its job. One thing I would not recommend is using it in the ice. It'll stick to your car and you'll rip a hole in your cover when you take it off.
      Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
      http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

i was just about to ask the same question. i'd like to hear what the majority use and their reviews

1991 330is

Comment

I don't use car covers here. Moisture gets trapped under it. And thieves think its an expensive car.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

I only really use mine when I go to the airport for an extended period of time. I park in the garage of course, but it helps keep the dust off and give a little layer of protection from all the idiots who ding doors. My dad had to keep his vette outside for a little while in the summer and it kept the paint nice. Ironically its painted bmw hennarot. I'd recommend the cover to anyone if your willing to shell out the 170 bucks for it. Nice 4 layer cover.

Originally posted by blunttech
            Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Decent car covers breath so moisture does not get trapped.
              Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
              http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Cool, thanks guys. Ended up ordering a noah cover to fit the car. They seem functional and well liked at a reasonable pricepoint.
                sigpic
                "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                X