Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put E30 Euro Smiley's on my Honda... Need opinions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put E30 Euro Smiley's on my Honda... Need opinions...

At the moment they're just held on with tape. I'd probably throw crosshairs in the left and obviously the projector would go back in on the right.

I would mount them by putting them inside a plastic contoured housing that I would print on my 3d printer.

Anyway, here's pictures:

And this is how it looks with the OEM light.

1987 325is: 495whp/400ft-lb
    UPDATED 03/12/10!: RB26DETT Swapped E30

thats hot shit. what 3d printer do you have and what substrate do you use for durability?

Comment

Objet Eden333 it uses a material called veroblue which is about 65% the strength of ABS, but more brittle.

Comment

what do you do for work? seems like you have some seriously cool toys and past times, which, for no reason except i'm clueless, i did not expect out of buffalo, new york.

Comment

Mechanical Engineer for a company that makes mining equipment.

Comment

I like em on there. Is your trottle still on the bars? I've seen hidden throttles before but I can't see a cable or anything. I dig the bike. I recently laid my 84' Kz550 down and snapped one of the stock muffler trumpets right where it is welded on to the stock pipes. I ended up just cutting the side off to see how I liked the sound. I liked it but it was too loud and hurt my ears. I think it could have been because the pipes end straight down from my head. Does extended the pipes all the way back like yours help with that?

I ended up cutting my stock mufflers down to about half their original size but thats just as quiet as full size mufflers. I have to rejet the carbs anyway. I like to do open pipe if I can figure out a way to keep it from giving me a pounding head ache.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm still torn. I think the stock light is a lot simpler and cleaner which matches the rest of the look, but then I look again and really like the duals... I'll probably just make the mount and try it out for a while... The thing is, if I put the duals on, then I can't use these super rad headlight nuts that I made that have real Japanese Yen coins (from a 2002 trip) mounted in them.

As far as the controls:
              Throttle: Internal right hand mechanism
              Front Brake: right pedal, hydraulic
              Rear Brake: right pedal, mechanical
              Clutch: left pedal, suicide style, like a car clutch
              Gearshift: left hand, behind thigh

Comment

do ittttt
                Originally posted by Sagaris
                He wasn't around because he spent 7 years in jail for assault. There was a group of guys doing a 24v swap on someones car and one of the neighbor kids came over and starting too many questions. Tempers flared, sawzalls did work, and he cut the kids leg off. The victim later joined this forum under the name "5toes".

Comment

Amazing bike, the headlights look great!!
                  You'll probably get an email from me when I finish my degree in Mechanical Engineering in a few years.. :)

Originally posted by Janderson
                  you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

I cannot say I like the dual headlights.

I can say I LOOOVE the shifter though.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

I like the single light setup better

J

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                        Has anyone thought of mounting smoked smileys on a ruckus? Size seems quite similar.
                        The Ruckus is like a tiny E30, and that's why I want one.

Comment

dang dude seems like you live your life to the fullest, that's bad ass!
                          IG: @_j.wn

Comment

I say dual smileys. You have never be too happy

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
                            Originally posted by evandael
                            a car is a car. call it a dildo, i'd still drive the hell out of it.

Comment

Had a brain blast. Use the smileys, but intergrate city lights/turnsignals in the actual smile...

Comment

Working...
                              X