Craigs List Find.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craigs List Find.

So, I don't know the poster, have nothing to do with it. Just thought someone might like to see it.

http://reno.craigslist.org/pts/3220877064.html
    '87 325e 2.7i/5spd
    '02 Subaru outback (Still smells like dirty hippie)
    '86 635csi (Sold)
    '87 4KcsQT (Sold)
    '84 318i (Sold)

I always get excited thinking about having a dogleg first gear, even though it's totally impractical. But I guess a lot of things we do to our cars don't exactly consider practicality...
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

that guy wants a lot of money for it and the diff, unfortunately.

I have a dogleg first in my six and I wouldn't say it's impractical at all. First is just a starting gear, anyway, and the straight 2-3 shift is one of the most common in city driving.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        I have a dogleg first in my six and I wouldn't say it's impractical at all. First is just a starting gear, anyway, and the straight 2-3 shift is one of the most common in city driving.
        agreed, i drove a 535i with a dogleg and i really enjoyed it!
        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

If I had the money, and a car to put that stuff into, I would have bought it all already. haha
          I just figured that someone on here might have the funds.
          '87 325e 2.7i/5spd
          '02 Subaru outback (Still smells like dirty hippie)
          '86 635csi (Sold)
          '87 4KcsQT (Sold)
          '84 318i (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
            that guy wants a lot of money for it and the diff, unfortunately.

1+ but I cannot see it of use to me in SCCA. 1-2nd are my main most used gears. The 1-2nd would get annoying fast. But for road and real tracks would be AMAZING. I want one in a 535 <3

*Pasted for future viewers*

"I have for sale a Getrag 262.0.510.00 Close Ratio 5-Speed Sport Gearbox aka. "Dogleg" for the racing shift pattern in which 1st gear is Down and to the Left just below reverse. Along with this sale is the 3:07 Sideloader Limited Slip Differential LSD with the gear oil cooler tank option, from the same 1981 Euro 635csi. Both items are in used, untested condition, however, they came out of a car that was wrecked and thus the car did in-fact drive to the scene of the accident.
            These are some of the rarest BMW parts to find here in the US and are thus priced accordingly. Please feel free to call with any questions, but Mon-Thurs I am pretty much unavailable until after 5pm, but you can leave a message or reply by email with a number to be reached at. Make an educated offer for the set, FYI $100 or $200 is NOT EVEN CLOSE to an educated offer for either, buyer pays for FedEx Ground shipping and Cash, Credit Card or Paypal are the accepted payment methods. Thanks for looking. call 775-seven-two-zero-three-three-four-eight
            Also, I have a second 3:07 LSD identical to the one in the pictures, call to make an offer"
            Attached Files
            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
            X