Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheapest parts

Hey ladies and gents

Pull my head today on my 87 325is annnndddddd its fucked. So are my pistons. Not good.. so where do you guys get your parts? EBay prices ran me to about $800
    so amyone have cheaper sugestion or parts you're looking to get rid of for mad cheap? Mostly I would like to find a cheaper head with all the componants together and assembled read to drop in.

Also parts and cash donations are accepted ;)
    1986 325es

I paid like $300 to get my head and valves worked over in KY. Cleaned it up and everything. Don't chuck your head because its blown.
    1992 318ic

Comment

if your head and pistons are fucked you should look into a new m20 or maybe time for a 24v swap

Comment

I have a feeling that would cost a bit more. the 24v swap that is.. and why take the risk of getting my head worked over when I can buy a perfect one at the same price?
        1986 325es

Comment

Originally posted by ahalfacre5 View Post
          I have a feeling that would cost a bit more. the 24v swap that is.. and why take the risk of getting my head worked over when I can buy a perfect one at the same price?
          If its perfect. If its used it isn't perfect.
          1992 318ic

Comment

well... its not mine!!! I should have taken a picture before it got dark, but its trashed... really really trashed
            1986 325es

Comment

You could buy a nice used m20 for pretty cheap. That's the route I would take!

Comment

I probably could find one local for cheaper than a rebuild, and I may take that route but a rebuild would mean fresh parts, and fresh parts means I don't need to do this again for at least 4 hours of driving ;)
                1986 325es

Comment

unless you guys all agree that would be a better route to go?
                  1986 325es

Comment

Go with a used M20. If you are going to have to replace any lower pieces, i.e. piston. then it just isnt worth it to me. I sourced a low mileage m20 for around 700$

"I go slow, cause;Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast."

Comment

awesome.. thanks guys... ill start learning how to swap this shit
                      1986 325es

Comment

Working...
                      X