New car help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New car help

Thinking about buying a 2002 530i (e39), preferably 5 spd manual.
    Is their any major thing I should know about these before I purchase? Common problems? How high are maintenance costs usually? What should I expect to pay for one in good condition?

Thank you for your help.

They will last high miles if they are well maintained. Parts for them are somewhat pricey. Early model e39s had some electrical issues, but most I believe to be sorted by that year. Also the e39 mt is a bit harder to find than the autotragic.

On the plus side, I love how they handle and all the interior room is wonderful. Super solid models and a bargain for what they sell for in my opinion.

Comment

arnt they 3.0l v8's? i say no.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

No not an e39^
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

i believe e34 530 are v8, e39 530 is a i6

Comment

then you should be fine, heard the v8 3l where nightmares
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

We had one of the v8's a while ago, and it was pretty horrible. Ended up selling it for a huge loss because the "new" injectors crapped out and would have cost way more than the car was worth to replace.
              Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

You sir are buying one of the best 5 series BMWs ever made.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                  After the e28, of course. ;)

But really, e39s are da bes.
                  1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by doucy2 View Post
                    They will last high miles if they are well maintained. Parts for them are somewhat pricey. Early model e39s had some electrical issues, but most I believe to be sorted by that year. Also the e39 mt is a bit harder to find than the autotragic.

On the plus side, I love how they handle and all the interior room is wonderful. Super solid models and a bargain for what they sell for in my opinion.
                    Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                    arnt they 3.0l v8's? i say no.
                    Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                    Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. I need a new car because my e30 is becoming a big rust bucket. The engine is healthy m20b25 but the rust is killing me.

How much should I expect to spend for one in good condition?

Comment

Originally posted by Lyrred View Post
                      How much should I expect to spend for one in good condition?
                      The 530s are more desirable than the 540s. A guy offered me a low mileage 540 for $5k in good condition. If it were a 530, probably closer to $9k or $10k is reasonable, more if it's in really good condition and well maintained.
                      sigpic

Comment

The E39 530i is the most desirable of the E39 5 series.

BMW inline sixes are the best motors, and the steering and handling on the 530i is well balanced. Even a 528i .

Comment

Sometimes, it's hard to decide which car we should buy, isn't it? That's why we really need to find a good dealership to help us in choosing the best car that will suit for us. When looking for anything in a dealership, there is a website that can help. It will make sure you find a car dealership with educated sales workers that really want to know about your preferences. The dealership will have great service and will be very tidy. These are all significant to search for. Within Momentum BMW you will get the best automobile purchasing experience achievable. Therefore head to Houston BMW immediately! Click the link to visit.

Comment

Working...
                          X