r3v's thoughts on the Cadillac ATS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

r3v's thoughts on the Cadillac ATS?

I'm sure this thread might already exist, but what the heck.

So the Cadillac ATS. Basically a 3 Series, GM style.

In my opinion, I like it and I think it has some serious potential to steal some prospective F30 buyers. It seems to look quite appealing and its engine offerings are very competitive with the new 3 Series. So here's my question to the r3v community: what does it think of this new RWD contender from Detroit? Good? Bad? Ugly? You name it and please feel free to speak your mind.

If you are a wind player and you aren't a woodwind, you are just being a brasshole...

Gonna steal customers from itself... cts or buick imho. Not a bad looking car, but I hate the caddys interiors they are the worst......

The new fusion is going to be a huge hit,, not to thread jack.

Comment

I would buy that before an F30. Always dug caddys. Over here they are just too expensive, and there is very little support for em.

Drove my brothers Escalade and his CTS a few years ago when I was on vacation. I personally think that both cars were better than the BMW versions--X5 and 540i----for the shitty U.S. Chicago roads. In Germany, yeah, I would much rather have the X5 for the autobahns.

Comment

I haven't driven the F30 or the ATS, but the reviewers seem to think they're pretty closely matched, especially since BMW exorcised any steering feel out of the new 3 series.

But honestly, I can't help but think the reason people are becoming more and more dependent on back up cameras, blind sport warning detection, and automated parking is because you can't see out of 99% of new cars. The ATS is a perfect example... the belt-line looks to be the same height as a two story house and the A pillars could substitute for flag poles.

And does anyone think the new pedestrian frontal crash regulations are making cars prettier? The F30 looks abominable from the front... and the ATS isn't much better with skyscraper grills that would look out of place on a Peterbilt and ridiculous headlights sweeping into the tops of the front fenders, like every new car being introduced in the last year. Any why? Because apparently people have forgotten how to cross a street. I can't tell you how many times I've encountered zombie texters blindly crossing the street without ever bothering to look up from their phone. They just assumed that since they put a foot in the crosswalk everyone would magically come to a stop (or was driving a Volvo XC60 with pedestrian detection and automatic braking). How about instead of forcing car manufacturers to design cars that look like xeroxed marshmellows, people go back to 1st grade and learn how to cross streets again.

Oh yeah, back to the ATS... I'm sure it will sell well and attract new customers, I just won't be one of them.
        Mike

82 Alfa Spider (For Sale)
        86 944 Turbo
        87 CX25 TRD Turbo2
        89 405 Mi16
        89 Milano Verde
        89 Mondial t Coupe
        92 300D

Comment

opulent blue is an awesome color they offer
          MR2/Camaro Strut DIY
          http://www.3seriestech.com/viewforum.php?f=22

Comment

Al of the retarded commercials they have blasted me with have completely turned me off of the car at all, besides it won't even offer a manual in its top trim level which bmw does
            88 325is Five Speed
            Lachssilber

Comment

My grandma has a 08 STS and the interior at only 37000 miles is already falling apart. The car makes grown's that old cars usually make and the stereo system has had to be serviced more than I can remember. Moral of the story... I'm not sold on Cadillacs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kovs View Post
                I can't tell you how many times I've encountered zombie texters blindly crossing the street without ever bothering to look up from their phone. They just assumed that since they put a foot in the crosswalk everyone would magically come to a stop (or was driving a Volvo XC60 with pedestrian detection and automatic braking). How about instead of forcing car manufacturers to design cars that look like xeroxed marshmellows, people go back to 1st grade and learn how to cross streets again.
                I almost hit a lady yesterday, she pushed the button for one of those "instant crosswalks" (at least thats how people treat them) that light up the street and didn't wait for the traffic to actually stop before crossing.

It is sad that regulations are being made due to the growing lack of common sense and increased laziness in people. Ironically it only makes the problem worse.

As far as the ATS I think its a nice looking car but I've personally never been overly impressed with GM products. I always feel a sense of cheapness especially with their interiors. From an overall company standpoint, of the US automakers I think Ford has the best overall quality across their whole product line. Their offerings are focused and effective, not much overlapping of segments. I think now that Chrysler is owned by Fiat their overall quality will improve as well. The Dodge Dart is a good example especially at its price point and knowing Dodge you can probably tune the eff out of it Mopar style. If there was a 2-door version I would consider getting one as a DD. That car reminds me of the original Neon, which was a fun, relatively powerful entry level car. GM seems to still be fishing in some areas, but I think the ATS will definitely help bring some younger buyers to the Cadillac brand
                Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
                LED Bulb Thread
                R6 LED Review

Comment

Don't know anything about this car. Powertrain? MSRP?

Chances are I wouldn't be interested unless there was a -V version. Looks nice though.
                  84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                  Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Ok, here is how it is. Don't listen to these armchair fucks, I've actually driven a few.

That 3.6 that's in the lethargic CTS? Totally different animal. This thing is one jumpy, snappy mofo. 321bhp and holy fuck does it go in this car. The steering is nothing short of amazing for anything made in the last decade by any American manufacturer. This car fucking sings. While I haven't had the chance to drive a manual car, the auto is absolute perfection. The manual shift does what you want, when you want. No exceptions. The shifts are telepathic. The manual is inferior. I drove a Maserati Quatroporte, and it drove worse than this car. The ATS feels really close to the E46 its been modeled after.

Go for a sport version and easy on the options because they get expensive quick. I'm also quite sure some models are LSD equipped, at least a few quick corners told me that. The turbo 4 is also quite peppy and quick, though the v6 is an amazing performance.

This is my most favorite new car period. I hate new cars, but this car is phenomenal. Total fan of the car.
                    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Oh, and actually sit in that "shitty gm quality" interior. It isn't. 2013 means huge revamps in GM interior, and holy dumb fuck is it a nice place to be. The gauges are classy and crystal like, the plastics are superior, the touch screen is like an iphone, and it has some surprising nooks and crannies for storing shit. The button facia in the center flips up to reveal a huge storage bin, I shit you not.

Personally, the E90 interior, and any BMW of that era is garbage, and yet people complain about GM. Their shit is changing with almost every year model.
                      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Working...
                      X