Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xat1cZ View Post
    what
    I think it's dumb for a bunch of BMW guys to be all, "Who da fuq would buy an old Audi, what a piece of junk" when in the grand scheme of things we've got a lot in common.
    1991 318i SOLD
    2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

I love the turn this took in recent days

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
      Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

The real question is, what the fudge was that car doing in Cedar City????
        Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
        If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
        Originally posted by J3M93
        This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

Yeah I was gonna say look for the person who needed to claim insurance on a car (the dodgy titled one) and then insert conspiracy cover up story here. Sucks for the owner, anyone bagging on this car is an idiot, the build thread was awesome and it WAS a one of a kind e30... a cool one too.

Lets get back on track and start hassling the insurance company. Also I think the shipping company should be public knowledge so we can boycott/tear em a new one.
          Originally posted by e30guydownunder
          Stupid German wookie winning F1 WDC and beating Webs. waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Comment

Yeah, must know what shippimg company NOT to use when I ship my beloved e30 to Hawaii. It's a damn shame seeing that poor e30 like that. But, i see you fuckers parting out e30s in decent shape every day.
            -Andy

Comment

Well I can help you out there already. Matson is the company to use to get it here from Oakland. Who they use to get it to Oakland I'm not sure.
              Originally posted by e30guydownunder
              Stupid German wookie winning F1 WDC and beating Webs. waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Comment

Have any of you actually read Vorshalg's thread? The car was not built with AST's and CCW's for $2011.

Comment

Originally posted by HawaiianE30 View Post
                  Yeah I was gonna say look for the person who needed to claim insurance on a car (the dodgy titled one) and then insert conspiracy cover up story here. Sucks for the owner, anyone bagging on this car is an idiot, the build thread was awesome and it WAS a one of a kind e30... a cool one too.

Lets get back on track and start hassling the insurance company. Also I think the shipping company should be public knowledge so we can boycott/tear em a new one.
                  It was not a "dodgy titled" car. Someone spent insane amounts of money to legally convert and federalize that RS4. I ran into that car at Malibu Colony one night about 8 years ago. Yes, the first owner lived in a beach-front house in a celebrity-filled gated community. He was not playing around with "dodgy" cars.

Pics of it taken by me with a then-totally-awesome crappy phone camera:

Sent from a rotary-dial phone using Edna the Small Town Operator
                  sigpic

Comment

I retract my statement that all Audis are overpriced junk. What I should have said is, "MOST Audis are overpriced junk." If you buy one used, for like $800 and drive it at college, and don't worry about the door panels falling off and that sort of stuff, then it's a reasonably priced piece of junk. But to those who compare the build quality of an Audi/VW to a BMW, I say, "PLEASE." Granted, all German cars are somewhat poorly designed and living on their past glory from the 70's and 80's, but the BMW is simply a better built car. I'm not saying that Audis are all that bad, they did bring all wheel drive into the World Rally Championship, but again, that was in the 80's. anyway, I thought this was a BMW forum? Why would BMW owners defend Audis? what's going on here?

Comment

Originally posted by 2003wrx64 View Post
                      ...anyway, I thought this was a BMW forum? Why would BMW owners defend Audis? what's going on here?
                      Because not everyone has unfounded bias that they justify to themselves by calling it "brand loyalty". I'm sure your opinion is based on some idiot "purist" accounts.

Yes, Audi's have their issues and they are expensive to fix. But the same goes for BMW's... and any other car that is in the same class. Making a blanket generalization like "they are overpriced junk" is foolish.

My brother in law's father owns an F10 m5 and had an e60 M5 before that. I've driven both, and they are both very amazing cars. He was wise enough to not keep the e60 past the warranty period and upgraded to the F10 as it is a much improved car.

One of my vendors that does prototype machining and low volume plastic injection molding for me came up from Portland last week to take the other engineer and I out to lunch. He came in his 2013 S6. He took me for a nice ride after lunch and let me drive it as he knows I am an enthusiast like he is and we have a great relationship. While the F10 M5 is a wonderful car, and I am a "BMW guy", I would take that S6 over the M5 hands down. To me, it is a better car in every respect. I would normally prefer RWD, but it is a large luxury sedan that isn't meant to be a race car, so even with my strong RWD preference, in that case I would definitely say the Audi is better in every respect including how many driven wheels it has.

Everyone has their own opinion... some based on first hand experience, some based on second or third hand information and some based solely upon what they've read on the internet from some biased ignoramus that drives a 25 year old BMW and opines about the glory days back when his BMW was made.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                        whut?
                        WUT?

Originally posted by Pl3wA View Post
                        it was pretty damn close. if not more

wat
                        If not more? It's a run of the mill e30 with an m20 motor. Tomorrow morning I will drive past a half dozen of these on the way to work without even noticing.

Not only is it just another car with mods that has zero added value sans to the owner, it's a rust bucket built on a ridiculous budget. Again, meh. I weep for classic Ferraris and vintage race cars with history.

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                        Yea, all the man hours put into that vehicle don't stand for anything...

Get off your horse.
                        Did you put those hours in? I know people with "hours" put in their cars and not only do they have much better looking cars, their hours are still worth nothing to me or to you or to anyone that has no ownership in that particular car.

Maybe you need to get on a horse yourself. Things are a lot clearer from up here.

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                        It was a chevy truck motor stufed into a rusty 86 eta. the fitment of everything was terrible to bad, the bumpers looked horrid and were from an ........e36, and didn't fit at all to the body lines.

yes there was alot of time and a few nice parts, but please look a bit better at the shiny pics.
                        no high horse here, just calling it as it is.
                        :thumbs

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                        Gentlemen, give it a rest. It was vorshlags labor of love. That's an awesome car for $2011. Very few could replicate it with that budget constraint. This car was purpose built to race, not car shows. Let's be honest, it didnt look that bad either.
                        I don't buy that budget for one second. The rims alone...

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                        You are wrong. I have been part of 2 GRM $20xx builds, and they are built for that amount, period. Parts given to you (or anything that doesn't have a receipt) is considered fair market value. If the judges call you on it, they go to ebay/craigslist/forums to see what the parts sell for. Cars are painted with Rustolem sprayed through an HVLP gun, junkyard parts are cleaned and made pretty etc. It's all about the hours put into it and coming up with ways to get what you need for the least amount of money possible. Safety equipment is excluded (cages, SFI rated parts for the sub-11sec cars etc). Like I already said in this thread, people get creative with stuff like buying a $10 filing cabinet to make box flairs. All the builds are required to have a build book, receipts etc.

You need to read the rules. That $2000 is primarily parts/materials to build the car, you can get your purchase money back from selling off bits that you don't use (interior etc) up to $1000. Buy a $1000 car, sell off $1000 in parts and you have the entire budget for the go-fast goodies. Some people there even just buy a $2000 car that has been modified by the previous owner and bring it to the event.
                        "Let's build the best car we can for a arbitrarily set budget!!!"

Again, how much did he get the rim and tires for? Was the rest of the car free?

I can't believe there's 13 pages dedicated to an M20 powered e30 burning up. Y'all act like we drive Ferrari GTOs.

Comment

Originally posted by shahe View Post

"Let's build the best car we can for a arbitrarily set budget!!!"

Again, how much did he get the rim and tires for? Was the rest of the car free?

I can't believe there's 13 pages dedicated to an M20 powered e30 burning up. Y'all act like we drive Ferrari GTOs.
                          Either your reading comprehension is that of a middle school child or you are really bad at trolling...

Like already stated, it's not an all original, clean as hell, numbers-matching sport evo, but it is sad to see a unique car with so much work in to it burn up.

Comment

WUT?

If not more? It's a run of the mill e30 with an m20 motor. Tomorrow morning I will drive past a half dozen of these on the way to work without even noticing.

Not only is it just another car with mods that has zero added value sans to the owner, it's a rust bucket built on a ridiculous budget. Again, meh. I weep for classic Ferraris and vintage race cars with history.

Did you put those hours in? I know people with "hours" put in their cars and not only do they have much better looking cars, their hours are still worth nothing to me or to you or to anyone that has no ownership in that particular car.

So what your saying, is that in your opinion, it all comes down to the money?

Do you have any room for passion? The simple fact is that car was turned into a race car, from the exact opposite of one. A bunch of guys with a lot of passion came together and built it, they created something with an old eta. That's w here the value is, it isn't all about the money spent. People who think only dollar bills create value in a car are more worried about their own image and couldn't care less about the automotive culture.
                            Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 12-28-2012, 08:39 AM.
                            No E30 Club
                            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

WUT?

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                              Have any of you actually read Vorshalg's thread? The car was not built with AST's and CCW's for $2011.
                              They originally built it for that cheap! Read the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by VadGTI View Post
                                It was not a "dodgy titled" car. Someone spent insane amounts of money to legally convert and federalize that RS4. I ran into that car at Malibu Colony one night about 8 years ago. Yes, the first owner lived in a beach-front house in a celebrity-filled gated community. He was not playing around with "dodgy" cars.

Pics of it taken by me with a then-totally-awesome crappy phone camera:

Sent from a rotary-dial phone using Edna the Small Town Operator
                                If indeed was a federalized car it would have stated that in the Ebay and at least would not have a vin number from a 70 audi.
                                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                                X