Fisker hurricane damage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fisker hurricane damage.

So I was thinking, about 320 Fisker Karmas got written off due to hurricane sandy, most of them were just flooded. I didn't find anything online about them being for sale but I hope it happens because I want to see this:

+

Anybody in the Jersey area know what they are gonna do with the ruined Fiskers?
    E30 buildy things
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

E30 buildy things

Comment

Could you imagine having to rewire the entire car? F that.

Comment

16 burnt Fiskers?

Comment

They already have that, it's called a Corvette...

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
            They already have that, it's called a Corvette...
            Corvette Y U NO Quatro Puerto?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
              Corvette Y U NO Quatro Puerto?

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

That's a good reason not to.

Comment

I are not too familiar with the fisker chassis. But me thinks the Blown 6.2l 638hp 604 Ft/lb sledge hammer that is the now legendary LS9 would twist the fisker into a pretzel.

Besides you will have enough money in trying to do this, as it would cost to buy a nicely used C6 zo6. A car I have been toying with the notion of buying here recently.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Yeah, I was just fantasizing about how the fisker is such an unbelievably pretty design and this is an opportunity for it to receive a beastly drivetrain.
                    E30 buildy things

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      But me thinks the Blown 6.2l 638hp 604 Ft/lb sledge hammer that is the now legendary LS9 would twist the fisker into a pretzel.
                      the electric motors on the karma produce nearly 1K lb/ft.
                      past:
                      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:
                      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

^

And 402 HP all straddled over the rear axle correct??? And a 4 banger up in front. You put the LS9 up front where it would have to go in a traditional longitudinal configuration = pretzeled front sub frame from the rotational torque of that thing. Seen that happen in portly built t-buckets when I was a kid and to big of a engine was placed in between the frame rails .

Wow for 402hp and 9xx ft/lbs it sure is slow to 60 (6.4sec) especially considering the instant torque an electric motor provides. For the same money you can have a ZR1 powered by that LS9 go 0-60 in literally HALF that at 3.4 sec and power on to 205mph. Or a ZO6 powered buy the LS7 for 25 grand less and go 0-60 in 3.6 sec. I will take the vette long before the feel good, expensive, wealthy hippie mobile
                        Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-15-2012, 01:49 AM.
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

People who actually buy an electric car probably isn't to concerned about 0-60 times tho'
                          ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            And 402 HP all straddled over the rear axle correct??? And a 4 banger up in front. You put the LS9 up front where it would have to go in a traditional longitudinal configuration = pretzeled front sub frame from the rotational torque of that thing. Seen that happen in portly built t-buckets when I was a kid and to big of a engine was placed in between the frame rails .
                            one- subframe design would be the responsibility of the swap engineer.

two- this is not a t-bucket that's been rusting in minnesota for both of our combined ages. have the guys putting LSX motors in S2000s found pretzels in their driveways from the "sudden and unstoppable onslaught of torque"? no.

Wow for 402hp and 9xx ft/lbs it sure is slow to 60 (6.4sec) especially considering the instant torque an electric motor provides. For the same money you can have a ZR1 powered by that LS9 go 0-60 in literally HALF that at 3.4 sec and power on to 205mph. Or a ZO6 powered buy the LS7 for 25 grand less and go 0-60 in 3.6 sec. I will take the vette long before the feel good, expensive, wealthy hippie mobile
                            thread is about swapping a fisker, not what it does the way they made it.
                            past:
                            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:
                            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

i think one the reasons its not that fast is because it weights as much as a good sized truck
                              88 325is Five Speed
                              Lachssilber

Comment

Working...
                              X