BMW E30 engine bay dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW E30 engine bay dimensions

I've seemed to look everywhere, and it'll probably seem like I searched no where when you guys awnser, but i'm looking for the engine bay dimensions of an e30.

Specifically the width and height. If it even means that someone has to get a measuring tape out i'd appreciate it. :D

Width and height where? Inside of tower to inside of tower? Front and rear?
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Subframe to bottom of hood? Frame rail to bottom of hood? Rail to rail? Be specific.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

^neither of you know ANY of those dimensions

Comment

Originally posted by bastianshaw View Post
          Nope, never said I did. But I do happen to have an E30 in the garage with no engine in it.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by bastianshaw View Post
            That wasn't the point.

Comment

My bad, I figured someone might have the dimensions or a blue print like picture of it. That's why I didn't ask specifics.

I'm looking for front subframe to hood. Also the distance between wheel well to well or strut side to strut side, which ever is shorter

Unsure to to be more specific, if needed I can just make up a quick picture on paint of the measurements I need.

Thanks for any help!

Comment

So I only got one measurement since it's cold and wet and dark and there's an engine in my car, but inside of strut to inside of strut looks like 33 inches.
                Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

In for MSPaint picture. Those are always gold.
                  84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                  Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Thank you very much for the measurement ELVA164!

And i'd like to think it came out fine. Just looking for the 2 dimensions like I said. Just need to know if the width give is the shorter of the two or not, i don't know if it changes all that much in the bay as go more towards the nose or away.

Comment

Working...
                    X