Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broken Wheel Bearing in Denver, CO - Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The front wheel bearing "broke" and the wheel is resting on the strut....are you talking about the hub itself?
    1997 Artic Silver M3
    CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Even read the thread? It was the coilover...

Comment

My stomach has been in knots from the first thread to this one with the amount of issues with this car. The Holidays are vastly approaching which means shops will be closed and hotels will be booked. My prayers are with you brother. I will check back to make sure you are safe. If need be I can charge a room if you run out of funds.

Comment

Sorry, missed that...I was thinking it was something in the suspension
          1997 Artic Silver M3
          CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Originally posted by graveshaker View Post
            My stomach has been in knots from the first thread to this one with the amount of issues with this car. The Holidays are vastly approaching which means shops will be closed and hotels will be booked. My prayers are with you brother. I will check back to make sure you are safe. If need be I can charge a room if you run out of funds.
            That really means a lot, thank you.

I wanted to check in. I would have liked to do so sooner, but being Canadian - no internet on my phone, and WiFi isn't always easily come by.

I made it to Phili. I had to turn right around and head out again, but in a different vehicle. I'm not a religious person, but I can understand how people are. I think I 'found god' somewhere in west Kansas when I realized that the suspension could have given out with me in far worse of places. More too, given the lack of windshield washer pump, it didn't rain or snow the entire drive. 2000miles or so, and not one drop. I'm sitting here shaking my head at that thought. One can't help but roll such odds and not feel as though someone were watching down upon them.

I also want to put some good karma out there for someone who really helped me out. There's a shop called Colorado Autoworks - http://www.autoworkscolorado.com/. Mark - the owner - helped me out in a big way. Not only did they find and fix the problem, they gave the car a good look-over to make sure I could make the rest of the drive. They even went so far as to tighten up a few things, and those small details didn't go overlooked. Why mention this? Because he didn't charge me anything for his time. It's not even the money saved, but it was the 'why' behind it. I can honestly say this act was of genuine kindness and I am thankful for it. However small in return, I would at least like to acknowledge him and his shop for it.

Comment

Originally posted by superboosted View Post
              why no pics of the car?
              In all honesty, psychological. The car has become a metaphor for disappointment and dishonesty. I'm going to need to create some new memories with it, fix a ton of stuff, and then start posting away. :)

Comment

just out of curiosity, we would love to know, that if you're canadian, why would you buy an e30 in utah, fly there to p/u. drive it back to the philly area, then leave town immediatly in another car???????????????
                sigpic

Comment

Good to here you are safe and received help. These memories will be with you forever good or bad. I honestly believe you and this e30 will be friends for years to come. You have developed something special with this car. In a weird sort of way I think this is cool.

Comment

:up: I'm glad to hear that you made it!

Merry Christmas!
                    1990 325is "the rat"/ E30 Warsteiner tribute racecar/1985 325e "faded Glory"/ 1968 Chevy II Nova "the baby"/ 2001 525i 5spd purchased May 2013 with 16k miles. Plus other junk that annoys the neighbors.

Comment

Working...
                    X