Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can an e30 haul a full set of e30 seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can an e30 haul a full set of e30 seats?

Well, might be a dumb question but i'm pretty sure some folks in the forum have tried this. I'm picking up a complete leather seats for my coupe - but the question is, can I drive my e30 to pick them up, without removing any of my own seats? (i.e would it be possible to shove 2 front sport seats into the back then put 2 pieces of rear seat in the trunk?)
    sigpic

Just pull your rear seats out, takes all of 2 mins. Throw new set of seats in, sports seats on top.

Comment

If it is just you doing the drive, yank the passenger seat too.

Comment

I managed to fit 2 vert seats in my old E30 in the trunk. The trunk had to stay open and held down with rope.
        Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

My friend and I had trouble fitting two front seats, the rear seat and door cards in a B5 A4, which has more room than an E30. Maybe if you take out your current interior before hand?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
            I managed to fit 2 vert seats in my old E30 in the trunk. The trunk had to stay open and held down with rope.
            So you managed to fit most of 2 seats in your trunk.

Comment

You can because I have done it. Take the headrests off the fronts put them in the back seat upside down. Lay the front passenger seat down as much as you can. Fold the two metal tabs of the rear seatback in flush with the seat. Lay both halves of the rear seat on you passenger front seat. Now you even have room to lay all the door cards in the trunk.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                You can because I have done it. Take the headrests off the fronts put them in the back seat upside down. Lay the front passenger seat down as much as you can. Fold the two metal tabs of the rear seatback in flush with the seat. Lay both halves of the rear seat on you passenger front seat. Now you even have room to lay all the door cards in the trunk.
                Just did this last week, it works perfect. Hauled an entire front/rear leather sport interior without issue.
                1990 332i, 4 door
                2008 KTM 990 Superduke
                2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
                2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
                2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Yes, I've done it. If you don't have a passenger, you can 69 one of the front seats with the passenger seat, works perfectly.

Comment

Worse come to worse, take the backs off of the two fronts and now you have six flat pieces to work with rather than a bunch of angles. In other words, YES you can haul an entire e30 interior inside of an e30!!!
                    Some people just need a sympathetic pat...
                    on the head...
                    WITH A HAMMER!!!

Comment

YES! i got two front seats and rear in my car without having to remove seats at all. If you need to, pop the rear windows =)
                      sigpic
                      E30love

Comment

thanks guys, i just removed rear seat so i can place one that i'm gonna pick up, then put 2 front seats upside down on top of it :)
                        sigpic

Comment

Tie them on the roof! Looks pretty cool too. But seriously, put them in the trunk and tie the trunk down with a rope.

Comment

Working...
                          X