Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noticeable difference from Dinan to JC Chip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noticeable difference from Dinan to JC Chip?

Planning on going from a Dinan to a JC Chip from TMS for my eta, however idk if it'd be worth spending $200 over something thats not even noticeable in performance gains in all RPMs, has anyone gone tried this?
    1986 325e (EUR)
    Grey Market
    Zinno
    327i Build
    Zender kit
    ESM 008TA

Restoration progress TBA

Originally posted by ethrtyiS
    sweet! day after my first final. really getting waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed up then!!

I got my shit flashed and installed for free but I never tried the Dinan chip, all I can tell you is that I did notice a difference in power :)
    Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
    If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
    Originally posted by J3M93
    This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

spend the money elsewhere on the car?
      not a big difference

Comment

on a budget, i did the fleabay chip and put the rest into a 3.25 lsd and it made a hell of a difference.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bastianshaw View Post
          spend the money elsewhere on the car?
          not a big difference
          hmm arent Dinan more on the conservative side of things to meet CA emissions standards?

Originally posted by long tall eta View Post
          on a budget, i did the fleabay chip and put the rest into a 3.25 lsd and it made a hell of a difference.
          thats what the next thing was however 3.25 is scarce unless i try my luck at the junkyards and idk how much theyre going for now
          1986 325e (EUR)
          Grey Market
          Zinno
          327i Build
          Zender kit
          ESM 008TA

Restoration progress TBA

Originally posted by ethrtyiS
          sweet! day after my first final. really getting waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed up then!!

Comment

post a thread on the parts wanted threads both here and other forums. also post in the 5 series threads as thats the cars they originally came in. i paid 250 for mine a couple yrs ago. make sure you're getting one thats not a piece of shit.
            sigpic

Comment

the only thing I've heard id that the dinan chip only get you more power at full throttle, but from what ive heard about the Mark D chip is that it gets you power at all rpm and its supposed to give M20s a bit more midrange
              88 325is Five Speed
              Lachssilber

Comment

Working...
              X