E30 325is Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 325is Question

hey guys new to this fourm and looking to get an e30 as a good car project and daily driver , got a few questions to ask iv been looking around in calgary for a decent e30 , i have looked at a few these few days and found about , 3 first was a 325is < ... looked amazing in the pictures but then u see it running and smells like oil inside the cabin not a first impression a buyer would want to smell .. or see bad rust on the body , anyways second was a blue 325is i was told the drive shaft was gone but after reading about it i heard its hard.. to get the drive shaft just right unless bmw dose it , but i also came upon a mechanics shop which told me he had one stored in a bay so i went and looked at it in decent condition , been sitting so im waiting untill sat to go see it running and drive it, but what cought my attention was the engine im looking to get one with a m20b25 but im trying to find out how do i find out? were on the engine would i look searched google.. go nothing aha.. but i noticed something diffrent on both cars i looked at i will post pics , i took pics of the 325is engine and 325i and seen something diffrent with both engines here are some pics i got of both i was wondering if that mattered or not or how i could find out what engine it is thanks! , http://s1290.beta.photobucket.com/us...71776062045821

idk how to put them up.. -_- but uploaded them
    Sold Black BMW E30 325IS
    1987 bmw e30 euro part out
    1990 Bmw 325i Cabrio 2.9
    Metric Mechanic 2.9 stroker
    Holset Hx35w CXRacing Manifold
    MegaSquirt ARP HeadStuds
    OEM HG AEM Methanol injection
    20psi

calgary is the worst place to find an e30...most have been rotted out by this time.

As for the engines, the pic of the engine with the red arrows is of the Idle Control Valve. That CAR is not a 325i, rather it's an eta 325e(s)(M20B27) the other is a M20B25 tho

good luck in your search!
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

haha yea i noticed but not really theres some decent cars my buddy got a decent one and turboed it , also hmm wth... the dumbass mechanic told me its a 325i 0_o dayum .. guys a mechanic and dosent know his shit i guess as it says they work on bmw and such.. yea the m20b25 is in the one with the drive shaft , that is messed , but i guess im still gonna be searching i cant find a decent 325is , at all atm so idk and the red car is it so its an , 325e aha.. damn im trying to get my hand on a 325is ... guess ill keep looking thanks for the help
      Sold Black BMW E30 325IS
      1990 Bmw 325i Cabrio 2.9
      MegaSquirt ARP HeadStuds
      20psi

Comment

How much is the asking price for the red one?
        sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
        1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
        1991 318is - Sold
        1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

red ones $2000 probably low ball him to 1500 , prob less , needs some cosmetic work havent seen it started yet.. not looking forward to it anymore unless the guy pulls out a 325is out of know were , the one with that neat clean engine m20b25 wants 1200 prob get it for a grand .. but was told the whole drive shaft was gone and rear bearing , and its been sitting since october in the snow... probably rusted to shit but the inside is clean , with red leather seats,
          Last edited by Bmwb; 01-15-2013, 02:19 AM.
          Sold Black BMW E30 325IS
          1990 Bmw 325i Cabrio 2.9
          MegaSquirt ARP HeadStuds
          20psi

Comment

That houndstooth (cloth) interior is worth a pretty penny if its clean.
            sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
            1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
            1991 318is - Sold
            1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

it is pretty clean accually, only problem is there is a nice burn in the passengers seat , = / , but what was weird was idk if thats the car he was talking to me about or not because there was alot of cars sitting there in his storage bay due to the fact that hes a mechanics.. but he also mentioned it being a 325i , with a 2.5l with only 176k < now with that much k i wouldnt put down the offer but turned outt his had 232k
              Sold Black BMW E30 325IS
              1990 Bmw 325i Cabrio 2.9
              MegaSquirt ARP HeadStuds
              20psi

Comment

Working...
              X