found a junked e36 m3 yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found a junked e36 m3 yesterday

So yesterday I was delivering some sandwiches to this dude, and his house was behind another house so when I pulled back there, boom, a completely totaled e36 m3 just sitting there.

So I knocked an his door and asked him about it he said he was t boned by a 17 year old girl who blew a stop sign. So the damage was only on the passenger side. The whole door and rear fender where crushed in and he said the frame was bent.

So the first thing I thought was how much does this dude want for it. He told me 8-900 bucks could have it. He told me he had put a bunch of money into engine and some "1000" dollar angel eye head lights or something like that.

So what I was wondering was, if I was to buy this thing how much could I make parting it out? I was planning on keeping the steering rack, 5 lug stuff and the Vader seats. So for the engine trans drive shaft exhaust carbon fiber hood lol, do you think I could make my money back?

Oh yea I also checked to make sure it was a real m3 and not a 318 with a spoiler.
    M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

You could make that back. Absolutely. Assuming the engine is still kosher.

But why? Perfect time for an S5X. ;)

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

yeah, definitely buy it. depending on the mileage, you could quadruple your initial buying price.

Comment

Why are you worried about making your money back? 8-900 for the M3 suspension and brakes is worth it alone. You can use the steering rack too.

Swap the engine in your e30 with the front suspension and get some Z3 rear hubs. Then part out everything else. Is it an s50 or 52?

If not I am kinda a local and will come get it if you don't want to bother with it.
        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Well here's the thing, I just dumped a shit load of money into my m20 and it hasn't been running g in 5 months, so I just want to get my e30 on the road before I buy another car, mainly because I live with my mom and there is no way in hell she would let me have 2 non running BMWs sitting in the drive way.

So what I wanted to do is get mine running, buy the m3 and strip it clean in like a week, scrap the chassis and sell the parts I wouldn't be using on my car.

EVEN THOUGH I would absolutely love to put this motor in my car.. Its just not gonna happen, I don't have the time/space/money. So I just wanted to keep all the good bits I could swap onto my car and sell the motor to make my money back.

Edit: not sure of miles or if its a s50 or s52
          Last edited by dougie30; 01-25-2013, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Be sure to get the name of the bakery you found this at.
            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

^look for a bump on that thread in 3...2...1...
              1993 Laguna M50 "Helen"
              1987 M20 325i "Ron Burgundy"
              1987 M20 325e "Billy"

"He who shall be last shall be sideways and smiling." - Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                I knew someone would bring this up

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                  Why are you worried about making your money back? 8-900 for the M3 suspension and brakes is worth it alone. You can use the steering rack too.

Swap the engine in your e30 with the front suspension and get some Z3 rear hubs. Then part out everything else. Is it an s50 or 52?

If not I am kinda a local and will come get it if you don't want to bother with it.

LOL That is a loose definition of kinda local.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                    HAH! r3v has been full of win lately.
                    Originally posted by e30guydownunder
                    Stupid German wookie winning F1 WDC and beating Webs. waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Comment

Serious, you could buy it for 3 times that price and make your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteD View Post
                        LOL That is a loose definition of kinda local.
                        Family lives in RI, I would stop in while picking up an M3 under 1k. I don't believe it till the OP posts pictures.
                        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                        ~ '87 535
                        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

why is this even a question? if it starts up you have gold
                          "I wanna see da boat movie"
                          "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Me and OP may go buy it tonight.
                            1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                            1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                            1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                            1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Not sure if srs...

Comment

Working...
                              X