What is this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this??

What is this part? came from a 1988 325is Manual Transmission swap part out. I got it in the box and cant seem to find where it goes. I looked on RealOEM but didnt see it. What is it and where does it go?? I asked the seller but he wasn't sure either but he knows it was part of the assembly.
    Attached Files

I remember taking it out off the bottom of the engine. I thing it braces it against the subframe. Realoem that area.

Edit: found. #14
    Last edited by N2MYE30; 01-25-2013, 10:16 PM.

COTM

Comment

Cannot tell from the angle of the picture if it is bent or not. But it looks like the brace that bolts to the bottom of the transmission on the back. It holds the exhaust up. Better pictures can help resolve it.

Last edited by F34R; 01-25-2013, 10:14 PM.
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

if i remember correctly its a bracket so the motor doesnt slide forward

Comment

Thanks a lot everyone! i was searching the wrong area. I appreciate the help

Comment

I really cannot tell from the picture, try a front shot of it or something. Looks like you are standing it up?
            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Granted, the picture is completely terrible but i found out what it was, now i need to find a seller for the stopper, but that's for the future

Comment

what was it?

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                  if i remember correctly its a bracket so the motor doesnt slide forward

ding ding ding! winner winner chicken dinner!
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                  92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                  88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                  88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                  87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                  12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Some say it's to prevent the motor from moving forward in the event of a collision but I have heard of torn motor mounts from heavy braking. One racer commented that he had replace the rubber stopper after almost every race.
                    I replaced mine with a rubber cork I picked at Lowes. Just drilled a hole through the cork with a little countersink so the bolt head is below the rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by Farwest92 View Post
                      Some say it's to prevent the motor from moving forward in the event of a collision but I have heard of torn motor mounts from heavy braking. One racer commented that he had replace the rubber stopper after almost every race.
                      I replaced mine with a rubber cork I picked at Lowes. Just drilled a hole through the cork with a little countersink so the bolt head is below the rubber.
                      That seems like a good cheap idea instead of hunting down this stopper. Do you remember what size stopper for got?

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                        its a bracket so the motor doesnt slide forward into the radiator and core support

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                          ding ding ding! winner winner chicken dinner!
                          Just making sure lol

Comment

They had a variety of sizes. I grabbed one that matched the diameter of the bracket.
                            Yep, it's still there.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Farwest92 View Post
                              bullshit on needing it for ripped mounts. euro cars don't have that crap. it is a U.S. thing. euro cars are supposed to spit the motors out in a heavy accident, U.S. not.

Comment

Working...
                              X