Dumbest things you've heard people say about/seen people do to their cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
    Had a guy hope onto a local clubs FB page and ask how to install a BOV, after further discussion, not only was he serious (thought it was a bad troll).......but he didn't even have a turbo on his GTO. He just went and bought a brand new Greddy BOV because he...in his own words "want the swoosh sound"........
    Reminds me of a thread on vwvortex where some kid couldn't get his boost gauge to work on his vr6
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WhorifyingHunty View Post
      I do have a love for imports but there is such a shitty culture. The fat tail pipes, the wings on front wheel drive cars ._. "lets buy some bright colored spray paint and 'accessorize' the car.. mirrors, wiper blades, front lips, basically whatever they want." I just hate it, like i it really makes me not want a JDM vehicle. I'd vent more but hendrixvodu sumed it up.
      You can put a airfoil on the rear of a FWD car if you need to make it oversteer (along with other suspension components.)

Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

I used to work for this guy who was stuck on "his" theory that if you ran the work trucks below a 1/4 tank, the exhaust manifolds would get hot and blow out the manifold bolts. That was his explanation for an exhaust leak, not that the trucks were a pile of shit and shouldn't be on the road. Yea, he was a fucktard.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meengreene30 View Post
          I used to work for this guy who was stuck on "his" theory that if you ran the work trucks below a 1/4 tank, the exhaust manifolds would get hot and blow out the manifold bolts. That was his explanation for an exhaust leak, not that the trucks were a pile of shit and shouldn't be on the road. Yea, he was a fucktard.
          Having said that.... I guess if you want to make your brake pads last longer and be able to go a teeny bit faster and reduce your stopping distance by a little bit, go for it.

--sent from my igloo via carrier penguin
          (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

All this reminds me of the Johnny Ricer videos on youtube.

Comment

I used to know this guy who was doing his CSB on his e30. He dropped the exhaust and once finished he couldn't get the rubber donut back on the hanger. He later calls me and asks if he cuts the donut in half and lifts the exhaust and quickly superglues it back together if that would work. No b.s this is a true story yeah i know....

Comment

Facebook friend is whining about having to pay $12k for a "new engine" for her Charger.

Of course several people, myself included, are commenting that she really shouldn't be paying that much to fix it and making suggestions. She responds by talking trash about the people trying to help... ""I'm on Facebook I'm obviously way my more qualified than professionals" lol"

I was debating showing her how much a low mile used engine goes for($3-5k) but I'm thinking the best course of action here is to just leave her alone to throw that money away if she's gonna be a c*nt about it...
                Last edited by cferb; 05-22-2014, 05:11 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Back in the early eighties my niehbor, a senior in high school and football player gets a free car from his grandmother. 1971 chevelle Malibu. 350 v8. Car has less then 50,000 miles. Pretty cool car in high school back then. A few months go buy and its gone. I ask him what happened. He told me the engine was shot. He took off the two big covers, noticed that there were some loose parts in there. So he tightens them all down. Car never started so he junked it. Unbelievable.

John in CT.

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
                    You can put a airfoil on the rear of a FWD car if you need to make it oversteer (along with other suspension components.)

down force on the rear results in "under steer" if you will.
                    2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                    (Daily Driver)
                    Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                    KW V2 Coilovers
                    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                      Back in my canyon running days we pulled the stock spoiler off my buddies 2000 ser sentra. Never thought id see the rear end of a sentra slide in a corner. I guess it would improve turn in though lol.

Anyways. Way back my pilot bearing was shot and made a "super charger whine" noise. To lazy to drop the trans to change it so i left it alone for a year. In that year at least 50 mustangs lined up with me at stop lights. Every single one launched from v6/8s to cobras. Confirmed every mustang owner is a douchebag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can confirm, I own two. I am double douche bag.

1984 318i (w/ delicious M50 powa)
                      Produktionsdatum: 03.10.1983
                      Außenfarbe: Achatgruen Metallic (177)

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
                        Just join the R3v facebook page.
                        /thread

R3v FB:

"skidplates are stupid, all they do is add weight to your car"

"raceland coilovers are better then ground control"

-insert picture of ghetto vatozone spoiler here-

-insert horrible trolling thread here that isnt even funny-

the list can go on forever.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

V6 on e30's
                          ///M badges on non ///M cars
                          In high school a friends older brother had a 4Runner and he said his car was faster because he has a Tach on his car.
                          I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

1991 318is Diamantschwarz Metallic
                          1989 325i Alpine White

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                            /thread

R3v FB:

"skidplates are stupid, all they do is add weight to your car"

"raceland coilovers are better then ground control"

-insert picture of ghetto vatozone spoiler here-

-insert horrible trolling thread here that isnt even funny-

the list can go on forever.
                            THIS. SO MUCH THIS. Also, would you be referring to the spoiler on the e30 pic today? I couldn't figure out if that was a troll or not...

1984 318i (w/ delicious M50 powa)
                            Produktionsdatum: 03.10.1983
                            Außenfarbe: Achatgruen Metallic (177)

Comment

Watched a guy put 87 into a turbo Deisel.. It was like it was in slow motion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Originally posted by flyboyx
                              how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                              Originally posted by Northern
                              beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                              Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                              Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                              '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                              Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by KamakaziX View Post
                                Had someone convinced that cars had ground magnets to increase traction in the winter.
                                Makes sense

Comment

Working...
                                X