E53 owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E53 owners?

I see a lot of car owners, but does anyone else here have any X models? I just picked one up that needs some work and have been tearing at it for a few weeks now.

I'd like to see who has one (or multiple) and what common problems you come across with these? I have a 3.0 model.
    1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
    2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
    2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

I also have an E53, 3.0i....mine is a 2003. I bought it at 88,000 miles a couple years ago and I've got 109,000 on it now. It's been pretty good except the rear tires are wearing way faster than the fronts. I'm not sure yet if its alignment or worn out rear suspension parts. I've also got a light ticking during tight turns in parking lots so I probably new a new cv shaft up front.

I love it though, and I just installed an OEM hitch kit this past fall so I can use it to haul my snowmobile around.
    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
    -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Got a 2001 x5 4.4 100k miles got it with 55k. Worst thing no revers 2K for repair and the window mechanism fail for 2 out of the 4 windows. Xoutpost.com is the community site

Comment

Originally posted by amcink View Post
        Got a 2001 x5 4.4 100k miles got it with 55k. Worst thing no revers 2K for repair and the window mechanism fail for 2 out of the 4 windows. Xoutpost.com is the community site
        I know Xoutpost is the site, but I figured at least a handful of people on here don't drive just E30's lol

Comment

All X5 owners are hot, rich cougars right?
          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
            All X5 owners are hot, rich cougars right?
            lol funny that you mention that because the previous owner was some realtor that had some huge boobies.

Comment

Working...
            X