Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car was hit when parked. How to get fair settlement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well since everyone is posting pic of cars hit in the driverside front corner...
    Car was totaled out.

Comment

They won't total that especially if you don't want it totaled why would they want to give 2500-3000 when they can give you 1500 to go away. Even if they choose to total it you are the owner and you can buy the car back at a small number and that number can be subtracted off what they pay u. I wouldn't go spouting off what you wanted from them until they made the first offer cause they may low ball you if they think your wanting to keep it come hell or high water.

Comment

Get a few estimates, then see what they say, if they low-ball you then use your estimates. Ask them to write you a check, you get the shit fixed. That's a $500 fix at the MOST.
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

About 50$ to pull the dent, 150 or so for bumper plus another 150 or so to paint it, new grille will be about 30-40, and the bumper trim is about 40. Hopefully you don't need to replace the valance too, otherwise add another 150 or so for the part and paint.

Worst case, it's about 600 to get everything looking good again.
          Current:
          1989 325i
          1988 M3
          1987 325ic
          Past:
          2001 330ci
          2001 M3

Comment

BE CAREFUL WITH USAA

I got hit by someone with USAA in my e30 . They might try to "make an assessment" on your car by towing it to an insurance auto auction company. Don't let them do that . They shove your car in some lot and take anything of value . Then USAA will try to lowball you . They where assholes to me the whole time .
            1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
            1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
            1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
            1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Working...
            X