What makes the E30 special?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambo View Post
    Reading this is making me want to go out and drive mine for no reason whatsoever...
    Reading all this makes me want to cry. I shall be back in a e30 soon and I will treat her better.

OP:

You havent completed the 3 series family yet. that should be motivation itself for getting an e30 your so close.

Comment

Originally posted by Europeaben View Post
      I find excuses to take my car out for a drive multiple times every day, simply can't get enough of it
      This

Anyone who loves driving will love an e30. Period.

Comment

I took a 4 hour roadtrip last weekend, and on that drive, I tried to pin down the answer to this very question. I finally decided why an E30 is special - because everything is 'right' with it.
        1) It feels like the exact size that a car should be.
        2) Everything is easily within reach of the driver - passenger seat, passenger door lock & handle, front & rear floor boards, back seats (I just can't each the rear speaker tray, but I never place anything there anyway).
        3) The windows are tall and give a clear view of the road. Even the little wipers are fun to watch sliding across the vertical-by-today's-standards, little windshield.
        4) The wheelbase is long enough to give a nice ride on the highway, but short enough to give sharp handling and easy parking lot maneuverability.
        5) The engine makes a very happy sound cruising 70pmh at 3k RPM.
        6) Even a ham-fisted backyard mechanic like me can keep it running well!
        R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
        └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Im not quite sure. Its my first car. But the fact that i have vowed to drive this car until one of us dies, instead of selling it for some other hoon-mobile or boy racer car, should say something.
          Celebrating 30 years.
          1986 E30 Coupe, assembled in Munich, West Germany, 7/7/86. M10 5 Speed cruisin' through time and space

Comment

Originally posted by Europeaben View Post
            I find excuses to take my car out for a drive multiple times every day, simply can't get enough of it.
            x2

Their sexy

318is, m50tu g240 s3.46

Comment

Originally posted by UpOn3 View Post
              I have owned just about every 3 series since the 2002, except the E30.

the 2002 isn't a 3 series, so you haven't even driven a good 3 series yet- unless you had a euro 323i e21. Drive a well sorted e30 and you wil fall in love with no explainable reason at all.

Comment

i need to get my megasquirt :(

i had a friend who hated cars because they were so restricting, he only rode, motorbikes. i let him drive the e30. he couldnt stop grinning and wouldnt gtfo

Comment

Only driving an E30 can answer the question "what makes the E30 a car that can't be duplicated in newer cars."
                  1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
                  BMW

Comment

Working...
                  X