Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to authenticate a Hartge strut bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any way to authenticate a Hartge strut bar?

It looks virtually identical to a Hartge H23 double barreled bar. The only thing about it is that is doesn't have a Hartge logo.

Is there any way to verify it in person? Something to look for?

Here is a picture:

Last edited by Jboss12; 03-13-2013, 12:32 PM.

dosnt it say hartge in the middle were that plate is?

Comment

Yeah but I've heard those plates tend to fall off from heat, I guess I'd still get a good looking strut bar
      Last edited by Jboss12; 03-13-2013, 12:31 PM.

Comment

No, it doesn't. I have a Hartge bar on my car and it looks exactly like that. The plate on mine is also blank, no inscriptions of stickers or anything.

It looks real on the picture...but they are easy to replicate, so it's tough to tell a real from a fake one.

Comment

Sparco did the exact same strut brace, and the 2 get mixed up, or some people put the "Hartge badge to increase the price.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

If you have bought items from me, please leave feedback below.
          If you are a BUYER, Check My Feedback.:up:
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=183860

Check out my Euro Build Thread
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215557

Comment

yeah i noticed a lot have been made with this double barrel style:

Sparco:

Bavauto:

Hartge:
            -I am now assuming they changed the strut bar slightly between the H28 and the H26.

(H28 and H23 version Strut Bar?)
            Difference: The barrel that is closer to the front of the car tucks down underneath the front most strut tower bolt

Another hartge that clearly has differences.. (possibly from a H26?)
            Difference: The barrel closer to the front of the car is welded above the front most strut tower bolt

Last edited by Jboss12; 03-06-2013, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Well compared to those photos it looks to be a hartge

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Ride View Post
                Well compared to those photos it looks to be a hartge
                Yeah i just have no idea if these are correct photos. It looks like the barrels are closer together on the hartge from all the pictures i have seen. And it seems like where they are welded on the strut connection piece is more offset from the hole.

Comment

I'd still buy it unless you are dead set on finding a real Hartge. It's only $50 and it's a solid bar, not some worthless, hinged POS.
                  -Justin

sigpic

Current: BMWless for now... '15 Grand Cherokee & '03 Mach 1

Comment

It's a Hartge. The sparco and Bavauto bar tubes seperate at the first bend going out from the center logo plate. The Hartge bar tubes hug each other until the bend before the strut plate.

Very easy to spot the difference between them.

Snag it holmes

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
                      It's a Hartge. The sparco and Bavauto bar tubes seperate at the first bend going out from the center logo plate. The Hartge bar tubes hug each other until the bend before the strut plate.

Very easy to spot the difference between them.

Snag it holmes
                      Nice thats good news! Well I have definitely added to my knowledge of hartge e30's from trying to figure this thing out.

I picked it up earlier today and its in great condition, it just needs to be cleaned up from all the oxidization (or whatever it is). I'm really surprised how light this thing is too, it feels like it ways under 5lbs.

I guess finding an original hartge badge for the top is out of the question, it'd be like finding a black cat in a coal cellar

Comment

Working...
                      X