Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who know's "jeffreybacons"? (Must read, NJ e30 SCAMMER)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who know's "jeffreybacons"? (Must read, NJ e30 SCAMMER)

Trying to do business with another member here on the forum by the name "jeffreybacons" and I wanted to know who personally know this person or has done business with them in the past.
    This is very important to me and the info is greatly appreciated since I don't want to get scammed nor I want anyone else to loose money.

**ANYBODY that has been scammed or even if you know someone who got scammed, please round up the info and pm me. Please.
    with all this response I know I don't stand alone. Speak up Now & the meet will go down**
    Last edited by carbeater; 06-11-2013, 06:52 AM.

have you searched the feedback subforum?

EDIT: I just did for you, no results.

Comment

Don't do it! He has been banned. He is prolly a scammer.
      harry/harout

Comment

looks like I got f*cked

Comment

So did you post this thread after already doing business?

Comment

Since I am at work and I am supposed to be working, I took the liberty at looking at the three threads he has posted. Looks like a scammer, as all threads have been locked after users dug up some dirt on him in other forums.

Comment

Originally posted by carbeater View Post
              looks like I got f*cked
              you asked us a question but went ahead and did it before given an anwer..sooo idk good luck with getting that back
              sigpic
              93 325i 120k
              mods: straight pipe,eibach sport springs,style 54s,kamotors carbonfiber cai,
              future mods: chip, m3 cams, headers, turbo

Comment

Good thing I didn't get that moonroof setup from him...he asked me to send payment to him as a gift to avoid PayPal fees. Sounds a little shady to me...
                1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Alright, tell us the story.
                  I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
                  Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

Originally posted by redsubdivisions View Post
                    he asked me to send payment to him as a gift to avoid PayPal fees. Sounds a little shady to me...
                    We should all know better than to send payment as a gift. If a seller won't eat the 3% (even though it really should be factored in to the price), I'll just pay it.

In my experience from buying and selling parts for the past three years, the overwhelming majority of folks on this board are honest folks, and treat their fellow forum members how they'd like to be treated. But we don't get a new thread in the General Discussion forum every time someone has a good transaction.

Originally posted by CrusherCurtis View Post
                    Alright, tell us the story.
                    It probably starts off something like "So this guy responds to my WTB thread saying he has a set of mint Startecs he'll sell me for $300 shipped..."
                    Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

That's too bad, hope you can undo your transaction, assuming he's a scammer. I was kinda sketchy about this guy from the start. He was selling highly sought after parts for dirt cheap, yet his for sale threads kept popping back up. When he posted about his dad dying, that should have been another red flag, but, most wouldn't want to call a guy out on that, just in case it really happened. Anyway, sorry to hear about this situation, let us know how it turns out, and definitly post something in the feedback section.
                      sigpic
                      January 2012 COTM

Comment

Guy just joined and had less than 25 posts. No warm fuzzy there.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I looked into his IP addresses this moring when i came home from work. Three where from Chicago and two was from the Netherlands. His location was KS on his profile...

1992 BMW 325iC
                          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

i paid for those lights like 30 mins after that thread got posted just to wake up today to the thread being locked and him being banned, the transaction had already been made and I was still under the impression I had got a good deal, my own mistake for not doing my own homwork.
                            Karma is a bitch- he will get his
                            Originally posted by e30construction View Post
                            you asked us a question but went ahead and did it before given an anwer..sooo idk good luck with getting that back

Comment

I still have faith in this forum and everybody I have made friends and transactions with. I love being on here and helping/getting help from anyone else who is into 30's.
                              I just need to realize that not everyone on here is as trustworthy as I am

Comment

Working...
                              X