the ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the ring

guys on the M5board are organizing a big meet at nurburgring sometime this year (probably summer). Want to go, but Im not sure Ill have the funds. I can give more information on it as things develop if anyones planning a trip there. For those not familiar its a narrow, crazy track in Germany thats about 13 miles long. You can take any car or bike on it on a few days during the week for like 30 bucks or something/lap. The track is also on Gran Turismo 4.

All this talk of the ring had me looking into it more. The new E60 M5 did it in about 8:14 iirc. Even more impressive is the M3 CSL at 7:50. How does that compare you ask?

7:32 - Porsche Carrera GT (7:32.44)
    7:44 - Zonda
    7:46 - Porsche 996 GT2
    7:47 - Porsche Gt3 RS (sport tyres)
    7:50 - M3 CSL (sport tyres)
    7:52 - GT3 (381hp)
    7:52 - Lamborghini Gallardo
    7:52 - Lamborghini Murcielao
    7:52 - Mercedes SLR mclaren
    7:56 - Porsche 996 Turbo
    7:56 - 360 stradale (sport tyres)
    7:57 - Lotec Porsche 993 Turbo (600 HP, racing suspension)
    8:07 - Ferrari 550
    8:09 - Lamborghini Diablo SV
    8:09 - Ferrari 360 Modena
    8:10 - Chrysler Viper GTS
    8:12 - Porsche 993 Turbo (430 HP version)
    8:15 - BMW Z8 400 HP
    8:17 - Porsche 996 C2
    8:18 - Ferrari F355
    8:22 - BMW M Coupe 321 HP
    8:25 - Audi RS4 375 HP
    8:28 - Porsche 993 C2
    8:28 - BMW M5 400 HP
    8:32 - Porsche Boxster S
    8:35 - BMW M3 Coupe 321 HP
    8:37 - Mercedes C32 AMG
    8:38 - Honda NSX
    8:39 - Honda S2000
    8:40 - Chevrolet Corvette
    8:42 - Audi S4 265 HP
    8:42 - Lotus Exige
    8:49 - Jaguar XKR Coupe

the new Z06 apparently did it in about 7:40.

Anyone actually ever been to the ring? Have any interesting stories, vids? I could post a few if I can find them.

www.rimstrader.com

all the parts you need to swap the M30 into your E30 here-> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=m30+mounts

99 540i/66 911

I have some E34 M5 vids at the ring but im not sure how to get vids on my computer here to watch. Anyway heres two if your not familar with the track
    An elise (keep in mind how small the lotus is)

and an M3 GTR

www.rimstrader.com

all the parts you need to swap the M30 into your E30 here-> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=m30+mounts

99 540i/66 911

Comment

e30-330i goes quite a bit from what I understand. I know for a fact (unless I die) I will be going this year. Its not that expensive to run. Also they offer "taxi" rides that a profesional driver will take you out in a modified car.... Last one I saw was a new m5.... they take you out and basically scare the bijesus outta ya all the while you scream hoot yip and holller about how f-in cool it is. Either way I'm goin. I wanna have my beetle done it time to go :)

Comment

15 euro's for a lap around the NBG ;-)

I've it done in 12m56sec in Sep 2005 with my red Mtech II not a great time I know

1989 E30 318iS_______________________________1989 E30 325iC M-Technic I
        1997 E36 328iT
        1990 E30 325iT 24v SOLD
        1989 E30 325i 2.7i M-Technic II SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by marakka
          e30-330i goes quite a bit from what I understand. I know for a fact (unless I die) I will be going this year. Its not that expensive to run. Also they offer "taxi" rides that a profesional driver will take you out in a modified car.... Last one I saw was a new m5.... they take you out and basically scare the bijesus outta ya all the while you scream hoot yip and holller about how f-in cool it is. Either way I'm goin. I wanna have my beetle done it time to go :)
          word, its 15 euro a lap. about 18-20 USD. ITS AWSOME!!!

10:30 - BMW e30 325i (me!)

Comment

I'm gonna run it in 9's with teh bug. :D

Comment

bug pics ASAPPP

Comment

i ran it in 7:50 with my 2002turbo on gt4 lol. i watched the vid n now i need to get out my gt4 steering wheel n go race haha i love it.

Comment

lol:D

Comment

Haha I was going to point out that the new z06 is second only to the Carerra GT but then I noticed that you included it at the bottom of your post. Good work. :)

Comment

M Coupe Woot.

Comment

Now completely disassembled with no motor. Should be a lot of fun once it gets done in a few months.

I'd love to take something to the track with some decent power behind it, but unfortunately I don't own anything that fits that description.

Comment

Now completely disassembled with no motor. Should be a lot of fun once it gets done in a few months.

I'd love to take something to the track with some decent power behind it, but unfortunately I don't own anything that fits that description.

okay lindsay

:)

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
                          On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
                          BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

yeah the ring taxi is (maybe was) an e39 M5. Clarkson goes for a ride on an episode of top gear with the driver, pretty funny. Theres a vid on video.google.com of the E60 M5 saying its now the ring taxi. Just go and type "bmw nurburgring"

www.rimstrader.com

99 540i/66 911

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmike
                              yeah the ring taxi is (maybe was) an e39 M5. Clarkson goes for a ride on an episode of top gear with the driver, pretty funny. Theres a vid on video.google.com of the E60 M5 saying its now the ring taxi. Just go and type "bmw nurburgring"

with Sabine Smith ;-)

1989 E30 318iS_______________________________1989 E30 325iC M-Technic I
                              1997 E36 328iT
                              1990 E30 325iT 24v SOLD
                              1989 E30 325i 2.7i M-Technic II SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X