Just here to bitch about ECS Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just here to bitch about ECS Tuning

(first paragraph is a repost from a reply I'd posted in another thread, just though I'd carry it over here)

Bottom line, ECS really sucks. Nice people for the most part but they're just not set up right and it seems like no one there knows enough to get their shit together. I have had wrong parts delivered then couldn't return to them soon enough because they would't do business with me over the counter even though they are local.

I had found out about them a couple years ago and was pumped that such a big parts place was somewhat local. So when I needed a timing belt kit I went to them because they had a good price and were only about a half hour away. After waiting a good 10 to 15 minutes I found out that they're not set up as an over the counter retailer which sucked because I had brought my old timing belt to match up just in case. I was told that all orders had to be shipped and ordered either online or over the phone. They also didn't seem to stock much and the guy I talked to had very limited knowledge on timing belts and timing belt accessories(hank hill voice). When the part arrived it was correct and eveything was fine.

Next, I ordered a water pump which turned out to be wrong because of the year split and I grew increasingly mad as I needed it ASAP but I had to ship it back to them.

That is my experience and everyone should form their own opinions but I have been doing my best to steer people away from their slightly lower prices and drop ship bullshit. End of rant.

I hope someone from ECS reads this and provides some feedback.
    just doin track stuff :-P

"When was the last time you drove an e30 without a smile on your face?"

Do me a favor and grab your phone dial whine one one so the whaaaambulance can come and give you a vacuum to suck the sand out of your vagina. Grow up, plan ahead, delete thread.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
    sigpic

Comment

So you ordered the wrong parts and got the wrong parts and now you are mad bro?

Realoem.com

Comment

I've spent a couple hundred bucks with them with no problems whatsoever. Ive had worse luck with turner but even they got everything right. Shit happens, deal with it. They probably process hundreds of orders a day, one or two are bound to get mixed up.

As far as your first complaint, you should of called and checked to see if you can purchase over the counter at their store...

s50 86 325e Project

S50 - BBS - Recaro - BC Coilovers - Morimoto H1 Retrofit

Feedback Thread

Comment

i love ECS.

you ordered the wrong shit and didn't talk to anyone at the company?

Comment

Originally posted by yahh View Post

As far as your first complaint, you should of called and checked to see if you can purchase over the counter at their store...
            This.

These replacements parts web stores tend not to be "stores" in general. Ask any simple replacement parts online store (autoaz, guten, blunt, pelican, etc.). Most everything is ordered through wholesale warehouse chains. If anyone calls on replacement parts, sure I keep a fair amount in stock, but generally it ends up being " I can have it by the end of the day." If everyone is clear on this then everything goes smoothly.

Its like going into a dealer, custom specing a car, then asking for the keys.

.... and I don't even like ECS.
            ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Might need some of this.........

sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

I did not order the wrong part and I know because I checked realoem first, also I talked to two people there in person and they weren't helpful or knowledgable. I should have checked if they had a counter that's why I now buy all my replacement parts from blunttech.

Comment

What do you expect, for them to just have warehouses full of OEM bmw parts for old ass BMWs? That's not really how the OEM parts business works, everything is drop shipped, even the dealer doesn't stock shit for our cars.

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

and e30rooster, no need to delete the thread, its just getting good :nice:

Comment

Made 2 large orders from Aus, great part selection easy to order got raped on shipping because the USPS is ridiculous. Just saying Real OEM isn't the bible I've had 3 part numbers come back incorrectly due to specification between countries differing slightly(fuel filter completely different parts)

Easiest way, deal with blunttech any argument after this is irrelevant

Comment

Building a BT A4 right now, ordered most parts from ECS with no issues.

I have spent thousands with them in the past with no issues.
                        No E30 Club
                        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I've ordered from ECS many times, mostly for my S4, but I've had nothing but good experiences. Seems like a waste of time to badmouth a business because you had 2 bad experiences that both were, it appears, your fault. +1 on deleting/locking this thread.
                          Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                          You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

I have spent almost 800$ at ECS, never had a problem, and they go out of their way to help you.

Comment

Never visited ECS until now, but damn do they have a wicked selection! Thank you for turning me on to them, definitely will be useful for cleaning up the old E30.
                              Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X