89 Volvo 760 Turbo Yes or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 Volvo 760 Turbo Yes or no?

For a daily driver. The car has a mere 87k miles on it and no accident claims. Was owned by a very wealthy woman who kept EVERY piece of paper and reciept from new.

Most recently the car had the a/c switched over the R134, and a new set of Michelin MXV4's installed. The car is sublime, and the leather interior is astounding, though the headliner is showing signs of separation.

Should I proceed? I really don't care about fuel economy, but the one thing that nags me about these cars is the cheapness of the fit and finish compared to my BMW, as well as a lack of sportiness (aside from the tarbo charged engine). The thing has some serious potential for a sleeper.

They want 5800. For that price I can get a Pontiac Vibe or something more fuel efficient and far safer (air bags?). Sadly, that route won't get me anything as cool as a mint 80's Volvo with full documentation and no rust/ accidents/stone chips

what say you fellows?
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

I definitely would not. You can usually get a car like that for way less than $2000, I promise you, if your patient and really search, some one with an old Volvo will assume its worthless and price it at $1300 "just to get rid of it." You can get something newer, that's close in reliability for that kind of money. Also why would you ever consider a RWD daily in Canada? Especially one that's uninspiring. And of course the safety like you mentioned. Good luck.
    I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
    Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
      something more fuel efficient and far safer (air bags?).
      Safer than a Volvo? Those things are tanks.
      sigpic

Comment

^Yeah but did they have traction control, abs, side airbags etc. in 89?

Comment

Do it!
          2011 1M Alpine white/black
          1996 Civic white/black
          1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no n on no no no no no no no no no.
            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

volvos are fukn cool
              Boris - 89 E30 325i
              84- E30 323i

Comment

How about this one?
                Gents-
                I have a lead on a souped up 85 volvo 740 turbo station wagon, manual.
                A guy I work with bought this 2 years ago from a retired CHP officer. This was the officers sleeper stealth machine, aka pet wolf.
                This thing is in fantastic condition, upgraded to every corner, and very well taken care of.
                However it doesn't pass smog, so it is going on Craigslist.
                In the logbook i see over 20k invested. You can get for $2000, prob less.
                I have driven it, and it is a beast, low, taut, and ferocious.
                Interior bits are super, and begging to be sold off for more than the cost of the car.
                T-3 Super 60 Turbo
                200 HP to the wheels on dyno
                Engine and Head rebuilt, ported, lightweight flywheel and knifed crank
                Custom wiring harness, chipped and dipped, braced but not raced
                Stage 2 Lowered on Bilstiens
                burly ignition
                IPD wheels
                I think there is a megasquirt in the box, not hooked up.
                comes with a second rebuilt shortblock and a un-rebuilt head.
                full log book and reciepts. In Davis, CA.
                Long and short, I cannot deal with it, hung my hat on a different chassis... but I can help move it to EGR in west sac or to bay area.
                It's really a smoker just waiting to be stripped, salvaged, prepped and themed.
                Anybody interested?
                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

^I can't believe you guys have to smog old cars. So unfortunate

Comment

True. Up here we do too.

Back on the prairies, there was no such thing as smogging, and back in the early 00's I was seriously considering having the cats cut off my e30 for more performance.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                      No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no n on no no no no no no no no no.

slammin, plz

LOL, always wanted to say that ;)

Comment

Working...
                      X