Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LA: '1991 325is' 2d schwarz manual $5500

Hello everyone,

I'm also getting in line, waiting my turn on a 88-91 325is (manual) in schwarz. Budget 5 -6k maybe 7. So I found this in Los Angeles:
    http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...791335327.html

Initially, this guy had pics of this car in front of a very nice driveway, listed for 5200. It was up for a day, and disappeared. He relisted it with different pictures, and a more humble driveway for 5500 yesterday or the day before. In that time I had my friend's dad (who is in the area) check it out. He said it was running rough, and that with some cosmetic issues, the lowering and "upgraded" wheels, it was enough to pass on it. Thought i'd pass my info on to the others that are also looking for this car!
    Last edited by fahr'n fahr'n fahr'n; 05-08-2013, 01:29 PM.

That's not even a real iS, it just has the iS badge. (No sport seats, no decklick, & probably not an LSD).

I'd pay up to $3,500 max.
    sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
    1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
    1991 318is - Sold
    1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

I don't think they even had the iS badge anymore in 1991. Correct me if I'm mistaken but wasn't it just the I + sports package but the cars were still badged 325i.
      Web Designer / Front End Developer
      My Portfolio & Website

IG: @w_illriderz

Comment

yeah...thats why i put the "1991 325is" in quotes...

Comment

does it have a 13 button OBC? premium stereo? 3.73 LSD? rear trunk spoiler? sports seats? really hard to tell from the pics but if you dont have all those, i'd hardly call it an IS or even the 91 + Sports package

Comment

From the pics on the ad, he has the iS front lip but the comfort seats. Also has listed that he has a 4.10 LSD.

I emailed asking for pics of the center console and diff tag. :p
            My Portfolio & Website

Comment

6 button obc...not 13

Comment

that would suck if it had a 4.10 with a 5-speed. your engine will be screaming. normally they come with a 3.73 on a 5 speed an 4.10 on an automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by fahr'n fahr'n fahr'n View Post
                  6 button obc...not 13
                  yeah then its definitely not an IS or has a sports package. few IS parts pieced together such as the front lip and LSD (even that is the wrong version for the drivetrain) but thats about it.

Comment

Before I bought my car, I tested another 325is that had a 4.10 swap from the m3. while it had shorter gearing as a result, it wasn't undriveable or anything. 4k rpm at 70 iirc
                    My Portfolio & Website

Comment

quick question, I know BMW introduced Diamond schwarz in the 90s, but did they discontinue making straight black also or make both?

I guess i'm asking; are there real 1990 and 1991 straight black 325iS' out there?
                      Last edited by fahr'n fahr'n fahr'n; 05-08-2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

That guy buys cars, heats the springs, does a 5 speed swap if its auto and puts fake wheels on it, then he calls it a iS because of the iS lip. Recommend to not buy!

Comment

Originally posted by ky0u View Post
                          Before I bought my car, I tested another 325is that had a 4.10 swap from the m3. while it had shorter gearing as a result, it wasn't undriveable or anything. 4k rpm at 70 iirc

I have a 325i with M3 4:10. sits about 3k at 70mph. not terrible, but its not my daily. future track car so it works out perfect.

OP, I was planning on checking out that car, but just couldnt hang with the price. and any time i see fake wheels, it really says something about the owner.
                          Eibach

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner View Post
                            I have a 325i with M3 4:10. sits about 3k at 70mph. not terrible, but its not my daily. future track car so it works out perfect.
                            I'm at 3k at 70 with a 3.93 though O.o
                            My Portfolio & Website

Comment

I'm at 70mph at the top of 2nd with a 2.93lsd..
                              Last edited by mr2peak; 05-10-2013, 07:10 PM.
                              Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                              A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Working...
                              X