Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a e30 truck feel anything like an e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my buddy just down the road has one, its not quite capable as a truck, though it would be cool to see it done, but u what have to do some kind of chassis stiffning.

Comment

if properly built and reinforced e30 pickup is a very cool idea

Comment

Why not get a VW Rabbit pickup?
        Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

^that
          ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

^this
            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I will let you know when my friends is finally able to go down the road. Though, it was a massive hack job.

Dont worry purists, we are saving it after a tree fell on it.

And it may or may not emit clouds of black, sooty, smoke.
              1991 335is in progress

Comment

I want one so badly. I think it would be great for mountain biking... which is my main use of the truck.

I recently had an '03 lightning, however I just sold it after realizing that while fun as hell it just felt all wrong to drive, maybe a smaller PU would be better... idk

I just think the e30 chops are kinda unique and cool, with an element of functionality (for a mtb biker at least)
                sigpic
                '92 AW 'vert
                ... in process...

Comment

Originally posted by Xat1cZ View Post
                  ^that
                  Because FWD.
                  1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                  1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                  1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                  1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

What about one of those Subaru "brat" or what ever they call them now car/truck things?

Comment

70's brat or 2000's baja
                      2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                      (Daily Driver)
                      Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                      KW V2 Coilovers
                      VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by Threehz View Post
                        I know a guy who is converting his to 4wd using a golf drivetrain.
                        2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                        (Daily Driver)
                        Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                        KW V2 Coilovers
                        VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
                          There people on here that have done a "truck e30". Ask one of them.
                          "e30_325es" in maryland has one done it was at bimmerfest last year
                          michael hockman in PA is building one right now
                          I've seen several others too.
                          Thanks for the leads! Will do.

Originally posted by Chriskbmx View Post
                          my buddy just down the road has one, its not quite capable as a truck, though it would be cool to see it done, but u what have to do some kind of chassis stiffning.
                          Originally posted by EddieNYC View Post
                          if properly built and reinforced e30 pickup is a very cool idea

Got any build treads?

Originally posted by Threehz View Post
                          Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                          Because FWD.
                          This, thanks for the sweet pic. They look pretty darn good, but FWT kills it.

Originally posted by chance View Post
                          I will let you know when my friends is finally able to go down the road. Though, it was a massive hack job.

Dont worry purists, we are saving it after a tree fell on it.

And it may or may not emit clouds of black, sooty, smoke.
                          Would love to see it! I think they are badass, if done properly.

Originally posted by 00o00 View Post
                          I want one so badly. I think it would be great for mountain biking... which is my main use of the truck.

I recently had an '03 lightning, however I just sold it after realizing that while fun as hell it just felt all wrong to drive, maybe a smaller PU would be better... idk

I just think the e30 chops are kinda unique and cool, with an element of functionality (for a mtb biker at least)
                          Yeah, i've seen both sides of the fence...some are done right, but others you sort of cringe when you see the hack job.

Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
                          70's brat or 2000's baja
                          Originally posted by shadowracer View Post
                          What about one of those Subaru "brat" or what ever they call them now car/truck things?
                          Never driven one before, but the emphasis is on the RWD and the overall drive feel. Having said that, i doubt they drive any differently than a 2WD tacoma.
                          If someone owns one, i would love to know the experience. Also, here in PNW they are pricey!

Comment

Its definitely not going to be done properly. We are just getting some fun out of the car, only other option is the scrap yard. The tree pretty much caved in the trunk and roof.

He sold the m50 swap, i bought his suspension and gave him my stock stuff. We are going to see how long an old mercedes w123 lasts on high boost, propane injection, and nitrous.

The car will eitger tear itself apart, or be sold on craigslist hahaha. I will have many pictures and video.
                            1991 335is in progress

Comment

I had a 5 speed 4x4 99 tacoma. The Tacoma v6 with a 5 speed is the best handling most refined most fun truck you can drive. I used to blast forest roads all the time. If you really want RWD ( I was also going to suggest a Caddy, my friend has one with a 16v) good handling truck get an X-runner or S-runner, they even have factory superchargers available.

Comment

If I can drive my lifted Land Rover Discovery like my E30, you can drive a truck just fine.
                                1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                                You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Working...
                                X