No announcement yet.

M50 stroker or M20 stroker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since a few guys said m30, I'm going to go ahead a say m54. With zhp cams it makes as much power as the s50, but is all aluminum.
    I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
    Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

if i had access to us S50 i would bought it and called it a day :) and about the search well i just don't want to read a 30 page or more threads and most of the comments are suggestions of members to put an M30 S50 S52 ........ i owned an E21 with an M30B35 i sold it know i want to have a nice engine in my E30 but not for too much $$$ if i had the money and wanted an track car i would have bought an euro S50B32 with a 6MT so if anyone can and wants to help by giving me info or even links of builds those are really useful thank you in advance

Comment

Originally posted by CrusherCurtis View Post
        Since a few guys said m30, I'm going to go ahead a say m54. With zhp cams it makes as much power as the s50, but is all aluminum.
        that is actually not a bad idea with headers and a gd remap it will make more power than a US S52 or S50
        Last edited by BMW B3 2.5; 05-24-2013, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I have a 3.0 non vanos motor. I love it.

Comment

that 2.8 can make 260hp with good tuning

Comment

Originally posted by PeteD View Post
              I have a 3.0 non vanos motor. I love it.
              can you give me details about your build ? what parts did you use and what are the HP numbers ?

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                ..there are twice as many parts..
                Shall we count up the parts in both heads? The cost of a head refurb varies directly with what actually needs to be done. That an m50 head will cost 2 or 3 times an m20 head at the machine shop is a presumptuous and thus bullshit statement.

Originally posted by nando View Post
                ..if you're building a stroker and using stock cams, you've just wasted your time.
                Disagree with this 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW B3 2.5 View Post
                  can you give me details about your build ? what parts did you use and what are the HP numbers ?
                  s50 bottom end, m50 top end, 325is non vanos intake cams.

200hp to the wheels. There is more room for power but the size of the injectors halted any more progress. To be fixed!

Comment

Working...
                  X