Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would it cost to ship an e30 600 miles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much would it cost to ship an e30 600 miles?

Done a couple searches, found out some stuff.
    On some of the threads I read, people said it cost them around 1k-1.5k to ship an e30 from east coast to west coast. I only need to ship it from Virginia Beach, VA to Atlanta, GA.

Requested a couple quotes from intercity lines and some other sites, waiting to hear back.

any experience doing shipments of around this distance?

I think it's i85 north all the way to VA, then i264 east the rest of the way, if that helps.
    sigpic

uShip makes shipping motorcycles, boats, and other large items fast and affordable by connecting you to our network of carriers who compete for your shipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
      thanks but none of the drop down menus work on my computer d0e.
      Calculate it for me? ;-)
      sigpic

Comment

Drive it! Is it inop?
        Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Threehz View Post
          Drive it! Is it inop?
          nah it runs, I'm thinking about buying a one way ticket there for ~180 and driving it back.

It would just be taking a gamble, and I've never driven this far, longest I've driven is like 250 miles with family coming back from NY
          sigpic

Comment

Do it. I purposely try and buy my E30's far away so I can drive them back! It's fun and adventurous.
            Originally posted by TSI
            ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
            OEM+

Comment

I kinda want to. Would save me a hell of a lot of money. Maybe go see my brother in DC or something. Looking at cheap bus prices now.
              sigpic

Comment

It's illegal to drive a car with no insurance or tags (even if you just bought it, and have recently acquired title and bill of sale on your person) correct?
                sigpic

Comment

I don't know if this carries from state to state but in Nebraska your current insurance carries over 15 days I believe. I would check. as long as you have a title and bill of sale your fine there. Just give the info to your insurance company and once you purchase it have them instate the policy. If you get pulled over give the cop your insurance company name and he can call.
                  sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

smart thinkin. Shipping quotes I got back where 780 dollars. Decisions, decisions....
                    sigpic

Comment

Insurance should cover you for the first X amount of days when you buy it. You can also get a trip permit for $5 on the DMV site that allows you to drive home.
                      What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
                      90 325ix

Comment

Yes. Doesn't matter of the situation. Now I can remember seeing people riding on the highway in brand new cars with no tags on them, but idk how that was possible without getting in some shit!

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                        Originally posted by scabzzzz
                        I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                        1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                        2002 325i - DD
                        2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

I'll read up on the laws.
                          sigpic

Comment

Buy a trip permit, for the state you bought it in, done this a few times, its basically the same thing dealers give you when you buy a new car in the window

Comment

I've been pulled over in Cali the same day I bought one of my e30s for a rear taillight.

My registration was up to date (but obviously it wasn't transferred)
                              I had insurance on my other cars.
                              I had the pink slip on me
                              I had the bill of sale stating I bought the car that day

The cop let me go on all other offenses, but gave me a fix-it for the taillights.

As long as you have proof of insurance, bill of sale (mine was a slip of white paper signed by the releaser), pink slip, and current registration; you'll be okay

Comment

Working...
                              X