Shipping to Canada.....Advice??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping to Canada.....Advice??

I have a transmission that a gentlemen in Canada wants to buy from me. Never shipped internationally before so I want to know what would be the best way about getting him a shipping quote. UPS? FEDEX? Any special paperwork or hidden fees on either end I should worry about? The transmission only weights about 100lbs and the bell housing is aluminum so maybe 15lbs at the most. I'm guessing nothing over 130lbs total.

Give me your thoughts
    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Avoid UPS like the plague!!!!! They will nail your buyer with ridiculous fees.

I'm not sure how McMaster Carr does it, but they use Purolator, which is a Canadian shipping Company. Rates are affordable and they do freight so heavy objects are no big deal. I would see if you can ship with them.

Comment

Just crate it, and ship via a international freight company.

Comment

UPS is the worst, but the package usually arrives fairly quick, just with a bunch of extra fees.
        1976 2002, 1987 325is, s50 1991 touring, 1996 328i vert

Comment

Agreed ups blows

If anything FedEx and USPS are best from what I've found

Also helps to claim as used auto parts

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
          function>form

Comment

If i have to have something shipped to my door from the states (can't go across to pick it up), Fedex and USPS are best. UPS should be avoided like the plague due to huge duty fees and taxation.

Going through something like u-ship is what i find to be the cheapest option for that kind of thing since freight charges from the major companies cost an arm and a leg.
            320I - under construction

Comment

agreed. just got a package from the states through ups, costed 199 plus 100 for shipping, when it got here they dinged me with another 53 for some bullshit import charge.
              oddly enough (i order alot online) i never had been hit with these fees from anyone else.
              -Core

Comment

Working...
              X