NJ car color different then whats on title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NJ car color different then whats on title

I was wondering specifically if any njers have any input, otherwise anyone whos been on this boat can help me out too.

Is there any issues with having a car that is titled and registered to a black vehicle, then painting it, then not changing the registration? Anyone know if there is a fee for this (whethor it be the ticket, or the dmv fee to swap car colors)?

I know a lot of people who cannot afford paint (like me) just bomb/roll on random colors all the time, and there is no way that if they cannot afford a proper paint job that they somehow reregister the car everytime.

Reason I ask, is I am getting a really beat up clearcoat wise e36 and was looking to make it my own, so If its going to be a hassle I was just gonna leave the car as is.

NOT looking for input on the paint, just the legal aspect.

you can register the new color. as i know they do not charge when your changing it over to your name on reg and title. i would leave it as it is on the title. ist more an issue when the cops pull you over. as long as vin numbers match you are good. blame it on PO.

Comment

Working...
    X