Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like my E30 plans may be on hold for a while...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like my E30 plans may be on hold for a while...

It looks like I may have to hold off on buying my next E30 for a little while. My wife's car (87 Dodge Raider) just threw a rod. Which means new engine. I'm going to be taking the rest of the money I get from my parted out E30 to buy her a car, and probably end up selling her non-running one. It sucks, I know, but right now it's more important that we both have a car than me wanting another E30.

But don't take this as proof that I'm dropping out of the E30 community! Hell no!

sucks

-adam

Comment

Re: Looks like my E30 plans may be on hold for a while...

Originally posted by Eurospeed88
      buy her a car.....right now it's more important that we both have a car than me wanting another E30.
      you could kill two birds with one stone....... does she like BMW's by any chance?

Comment

Re: Looks like my E30 plans may be on hold for a while...

Originally posted by rwh11385
        you could kill two birds with one stone....... does she like BMW's by any chance?
        Yeah, she does, but I have VERY little money right now. :D

Comment

You should make an offer on my moms car god i want the stupid thing gone and i wish they would sell it for god sakes!

Its a POS but it runs alright

1990 Nissan Maxima GXE 4 door, Maroon on Maroon w/ leather and many other intresting things

In the last accident it got into it should have been declared tottaled but sadly it wasnt and i am shocked they fixed the damage and got back on the road.

Hit in the passanger rear quater panel and smooshed the side in and f'ed up the car a bit (steering i think, electrical crap) also the trunk got jammed too

Comment

Yeah, let me jump right on that...

Comment

I thought you were gonna say you slipped one past the goalie. :D

Sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW BMXER
                I love that term! One of my dad's old co-workers comes into the shop one day and said: "Well, she's pulled the goaile" I cracked up. Oh and on topic, that really sucks Josh, hopefully it wont de-rail the plans too much. Best fo luck!
                -Ted

Comment

That bad karhma, it gets you every time.
                  Man that has got to suck.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW BMXER
                    WTF does that mean? Seriously, I've never heard that...
                    Below the radar...

Comment

nor have i, but i'm guessing the prophylactic is the goalie?
                      past:
                      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:
                      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Get that. I'm thinking of getting an old Benz for the daily grind myself...

Comment

Originally posted by dk
                          The Pill, or some form of birth control.

Comment

Originally posted by SlammedE30
                            Originally posted by dk
                            The Pill, or some form of birth control.
                            What he said.

Sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by steve30
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2437438446&category=63 30

Get that. I'm thinking of getting an old Benz for the daily grind myself...
                              Never, ever buy an automatic W123! The 4-speeds actually aren't bad (I have one myself), but with less than 80 crank horsepower, I wouldn't want a slushbox slugging me around. Those cars are bulletproof, easy to maintain, and cheap...I bought mine for $300.

Sorry to hear that Josh. But a bad day in a Mercedes diesel is always better than a good day in a Raider ;).

Fred

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
                              '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
                              Strictly Eta

Comment

Working...
                              X