Friend wants to borrow the garage for winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friend wants to borrow the garage for winter

So. I have an acquaintance who wants to rent my garage for 3 winter months. It's a 370Z anniversary edition, lots of nice subtle mods. I am not a huge fan of this guy in general, but hey he's willing to pay to have his car in my garage, and I don't have a car worth keeping there. Anyone done this?

I'm thinking of legal documentation needed, something to not make me liable if a earthquake destroys his car or some crap. He also stated I could drive the car, but that makes me weary especially because it's a ton of fun.

Anyone got some legal advice for me?
    Reminiscing...

Don't do it. Set up a man cave instead

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    sigpic
    Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Poorboyz View Post
      Don't do it. Set up a man cave instead

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
      Well the car uses the garage currently. Man cave notsomuch when I'm renting a townhouse with two dudes. Perhaps I WANT to be convinced so I can get a hold of his car...heh.
      Reminiscing...

Comment

If you do it make sure that he keeps it insured and/or talk to your homeowners to make sure if your garage burns down his car is covered under the policy. Also make sure there is some sort of protection over the car and around it if you are going to be in there at all so you aren't scratching it at all and pissing him off.
        2011 JGC daily, 1985 944

Comment

Not worth the hassle. Tell him to search craigslist.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
            Not worth the hassle. Tell him to search craigslist.
            This^ Even more so since you are not too fond of him. If is was a close friend I would not see a reason to think otherwise.
            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
            X