Advice on 1987 Euro Spec E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on 1987 Euro Spec E30

Do you think this car is worth $7500? I am new to all of this and could use some advice. I am concerned about no A/C. Would be driving to work a couple days a week.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

It looks clean, but it's high-mileage and there's not much on a "euro-spec" 88+ e30 that's better than US models. Remove the bumper trim, euroweaves, and kph cluster, and you're left with a typical 5k e30.
    cars beep boop

Comment

Thank you for your time.

Comment

This car just sold two months ago in NH if I remember but I thought it went to Colorado.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

ya a fair price would be 5-6k 7k seems a bit stretching. crap stereo, meh seats, crank windows and a lot of other lesser things. was a manual swap and converted to crank windows and has no cruise control and no 13 button obc. and on top of that 87 was the worst year of the 325i.
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

How do you figure the 87 was the worst year? It's also a 9/87 so it's really an 88.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
              This car just sold two months ago in NH if I remember but I thought it went to Colorado.
              You thinking of the one I bought? This is pretty damn close but some slight differences. First glance though I thought someone might be getting scammed as that's like a spot on color match.

Speaking of my car, it begins the trek back to Wyoming on Monday, should be fun.

And of note I paid a touch over five for mine and it had 30k fewer miles and a better maintenance history.
              Back to my roots

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                ya a fair price would be 5-6k 7k seems a bit stretching. crap stereo, meh seats, crank windows and a lot of other lesser things. was a manual swap and converted to crank windows and has no cruise control and no 13 button obc. and on top of that 87 was the worst year of the 325i.
                Just curious, why do you say that 1987 is the worst year of the 325i?

Comment

It is blue, that makes it more worthwhile in my book
                  Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                  A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by e30saam View Post
                    Just curious, why do you say that 1987 is the worst year of the 325i?
                    87 is old cooling system.
                    87 is the first year of the 325i. however it is the last year of the old fuel system, last year of the old DME, and has it's own engine harness. all of these things make the car worse.

i mean if the car is supper cheap it doesnt matter. but if you want to drop real cash get an 88+ and save the headache.

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                    How do you figure the 87 was the worst year? It's also a 9/87 so it's really an 88.
                    well then. that means it has late cooling but the early fuel rail and pumps. and old dme. (maybe) that month is the swap over.
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post

well then. that means it has late cooling but the early fuel rail and pumps. and old dme. (maybe) that month is the swap over.
                      they probably had parts bins full of both styles for a while, so the transition wasn't very clean cut. My first e30 was a late '87 eta, and it had some facelift stuff in the electronics.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                      X