No announcement yet.

Mistake? 325i What's it worth? Lots of Work Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the good advice. Being extra vigilant is a good practice I can get better at. In this case there was no avoiding it unless I had left 10 seconds earlier or later. Her radar locked onto me and I couldn't shake her.

Comment

Pictures arent working for me at work (probably blocked) but it sucks that happened. Espcially only after getting to drive 4 miles. Hope you can figure out a new ride situation, glad you are for the most part okay. And you cant expect to avoid someone driving right into you.

Jon
      Current:
      1989 325i
      1988 M3
      1987 325ic
      Past:
      2001 330ci
      2001 M3

Comment

Man what a bummer. That's a really clean looking car. I hope you get what it's worth out of it.
        91 318is M50 swapped
        05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Comment

Are you sure it's totalled...you can find used body parts all day long...guess it just depends how bad the B-pillar is bent and if the roof is tweaked

Comment

Dang man! I was about to offer up a trade.

Comment

Dam that sucks to hear. Same happened to my car just about a week ago. I had put a good 1000 into it. I know I wont get it back but i'm hoping to at least get something decent for my 89 vert. It sucks to have to do that but also be fortunate we have our lives as it could always be worse. My plan is to buy back the vehicle and strip it of all good parts and transfer into a car and sell whatever I can that I dont need to recoup some of what ive lost. Then just junk the totaled body for what its worth in weight.

Comment

Hopefully Griffin stops by this thread. He just had to deal with a pretty clean two door getting totaled early last summer.

Comment

Thanks everybody. I decided to get a lawyer to deal with the insurance company.

The car is in fact totaled. The engine got knocked loose, the engine box shifted and the core support is dented. The car is buckled from front to back on the driver side.

There may be parts if I can get a good price and buy it back. The seats are now especially nice.

Maybe I'll make an office chair out of one of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X