trade my 318i for a 635csi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trade my 318i for a 635csi?

So I've been talking to a guy about trading my '85 318i four door 5 speed +$1200 for his '85 635csi 5 speed. Good runners with both cars over 200k miles, well used with very minor rust, his probably a little better than mine.

Without seeing pics or knowing more info, what's your gut reaction on this deal?
    My Feedback

At least Color and interior options on that 635csi? Doesnt sound too bad but try less cash.

Comment

zinno, tan comfort interior.
      My Feedback

Comment

Have you test driven his 635? It is a huge difference. I really dig the 635 and have been wanting to trade my 325, but I had the chance to jump in a 635 and was not impressed. It seemed very large and cumbersome with the stock steering wheel. I am a smaller guy so this really was a turn off to the car.

Also like said above .... try less cash, way less. You can basically find decent 635 5 speeds around where I am from for 2K~

My don't quote me list:

Originally posted by george graves
        I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a smog test type of thing. IIRC think it's against CA law to *sell* a dual outlet muffler as a replacement for a car that came from the factory with a single. But don't quote me on that.

Comment

Definitely wouldn't give any cash with the trade... but the 635s are awesome

instagram : @whoismaxjulien

Comment

I think I know the shark the op is inquiring about. It seems like a nice well kept example. I would do the trade so long as it checks out ok. You can always haggle in person to save some coin. My next BMW will be a shark.

Comment

Guy gets a cheaper car and $1200 to spend on fixing it.

You get a harder car to work on with more expensive parts and end up with less money to use.

Go for it.
              2011 1M Alpine white/black
              1996 Civic white/black
              1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Might miss the e30 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post
                  Guy gets a cheaper car and $1200 to spend on fixing it.

You get a harder car to work on with more expensive parts and end up with less money to use.

Go for it.
                  Had an '85 535i for a bit, wasn't hard to work on at all for the being the first car I truly wrenched on myself, had no issues getting cheap parts. Price is now at $800, pretty enticing...
                  Originally posted by E30beemer View Post
                  Might miss the e30 IMO.
                  Nope, I'd still have three.
                  Originally posted by graveshaker View Post
                  I think I know the shark the op is inquiring about. It seems like a nice well kept example. I would do the trade so long as it checks out ok. You can always haggle in person to save some coin. My next BMW will be a shark.
                  Yep, may as well share some pics for everybody to judge:

Originally posted by joncrz View Post
                  You can basically find decent 635 5 speeds around where I am from for 2K~
                  Not in the rust belt, you can't...
                  My Feedback

Comment

Ehh doesnt look too bad just confront+tan is atrocious. Clear coat falling? Have to taken a look for how much rust is underneath?

Comment

Both seem like shitty cars.
                      sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                      1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                      1991 318is - Sold
                      1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Do it. Now. Then put some style 5s on that shark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        sigpic
                        both these cars are gone :(

Comment

So long as the mechanicals are decent, a good detail and that would be a good dd. We live in MI so some rust is to be expected. Sharks are nice cars and handle well for it's size. Good luck on your quest op.

Comment

Working...
                          X