BMW e36 & e30 Diagrams site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW e36 & e30 Diagrams site?

I was wondering if someone of you know some sites(webs) to search for diagrams of the e36 and e30 about engines and electrical system RS4$Pro(member) time ago gave us a link when he tried to swap the MAF on his e30...in the old e30 sport forum, don't rmeber

Thanks
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

I'm here, here is the site. http://www.autolib.diakom.ru:8001/CA...NG%20DIAGRAMS/
    Hope this helps.
    Have you tried any more on the MAF conversion?
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3
      I'm here, here is the site. http://www.autolib.diakom.ru:8001/CA...NG%20DIAGRAMS/
      Hope this helps.
      Have you tried any more on the MAF conversion?
      thansk you man!! I love you!! :oops: hahaha, well actually I will try again today...to do the swap or in these days , until arrive my SMT6 unit, device wich will allow me to do the swap with out major problem since we can adjust all the parameters from the lap top...I will play now with a kind of potentiomenter and if I get it works I will tell you!!

Thanks
      Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've found a calibrator that will allow for the MAf Conversion it is $150 and I'm emailed the company to see if it allows for the voltage calibration we need for the conversion. I've seen a conversion kit from this company on an 88 535is but am looking at one of there lesser optimizers that costs less to see if it would work.

Comment

What I will try to do now, well actually I did it, was to messure the signal volts on the stock AFM at idle and saved the numbers, when the MAF is put on in my bimmer with this potentiometer I will try to reduce or maximize the voltague to crrect the siganl...we will see...

PD. dammit I can't enter to the site...it's ready the load but doen't appear the image... :evil:

Comment

damm, I can't find the page about the MAF cicuit lines to know wich is wich one in the e36 diagrams, do you know the exact link? thanks

Comment

You need Acrobat reader. The stock AFM volatge output is 0-5 volts O at idle and 5 at WOT. I'm trying to figure out the voltage output of the e36 325 MAF then in theory one could just stick the proper resitor in line to drop the voltage.

Comment

I messured the e36 MAF before, but don't remeber well, I think the numbers were something like 1.40-2 volts, was less than the AFM.

Yap I read the page, I have Acrobat, no pronblem, but I 'm trying to find the diagram where is the MAF and it has 4 pins only need to indentify those pins to attach at the AFM pins...or cables...

Comment

That sounds like it maybe. those numbers concure with how my car ran with the MAF instaled. Full rich at idle due to the higher voltage, and full lean at WOT due to the lower voltage. I'm thinking about purchasing this http://www.pro-flow.com/Product%20pa..._optimizer.htm It is almost the same as this http://www.pro-flow.com/Product%20pa...calibrator.htm Except for it dosn't have the switch for race mode. I've seen there kit installed on an 88 535is It wasn't as clean looking as the split second kit but is way cheaper.

Comment

don't know for what is the pin # 1 of the MAF, not he afm..do you know'?

Comment

Oh the maf wiring is one this pagehttp://www.autolib.diakom.ru:8001/CA...NG%20DIAGRAMS/ Under 2.5L, Engine Performance Circuits (2 of 2) , 45484 byte The the MAF is in the bottom right corner.
                      Pin 3 on the maf goes to the Gray/Yellow wire on the AFM wiring or pin 7(signal)
                      Pin 2 is for a switched 12 volt source
                      Pin 1 on the MAf goes to the Gray blue wire on the AFm or pin 6(ground)
                      The pin numbering on the AFM plug is
                      Far left Blank:6 Gray/blue(ground): 9 Gray:7 Gray/yellow:22 Gray/violet(air temp sensor)
                      Hope this helps some.

Comment

ok,pin 3 on the maf for what is? temp? ground? or what?
                        pin 2on the maf is the signal mass , right?
                        pin 1 is on the maf= ??

and pin 4 is for'?
                        all on the MAF of corse..

I have already indetificated the AFM wire/pins for what are they are....just need to know wich pinis for what exactly on the MAF, I can't read it very well...thank you

Comment

Pin 3 on the maf goes to the Gray/Yellow wire on the AFM wiring or pin 7(signal)
                          Pin 2 is for a switched 12 volt source
                          Pin 1 on the MAf goes to the Gray blue wire on the AFm or pin 6(ground)
                          Pin 3-Signal
                          Pin 2-12 volt switched
                          Pin 1-Ground
                          the MAf it self does not use and air temp sensor but included it in the signal sent to the ECU. I wired in a temp sensor when I tried mine and am unsure if it is needed or not for the computer to read the MAf correctly.

Comment

ok, got it, yap I wired and puted a sensor inside the MAF and we will see if it is needed with te MAF, tomorrow I will test it, since I'm preparing the thinds here, is almost done..

Comment

cool let us know how it goes. What type of sensor did you stick in the maf?

Comment

Working...
                              X