2016 - Century of BMW event question to ALL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 - Century of BMW event question to ALL

I am in the process of organizing a event in 2016 to celebrate 15 years of the E46 M3.

This got me wondering, would other BMW owners be interested in a weekend of events organized and run by enthusiasts the weekend before the E46 M3 event I am planning?

This would be a three day event with vendor showcases, rides in track cars, and just a over all fun event. Please note I am seeing if there is interested in a event and if you are willing to drive to a once in a life time event.

A ROUGH idea is meeting in Austin for a weekend of social activities and a day drive and or track day at Circuit of the Americas.

Again this is to see if there is serious interest in something like this and if you will make a long drive for a major one time event.

NorCal drive organizer guy
    Drive database and photo locations
    NorCal CSL build thread - All the CSL parts that matter and then some

At the risk of sounding negative, how major of an event can it really be if it's more or less an afterthought to the one already being planned around a single specific model/chassis?
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
      At the risk of sounding negative, how major of an event can it really be if it's more or less an afterthought to the one already being planned around a single specific model/chassis?
      Good question. I already planned the weekend event activities for this specific event. So in regards to planning and logistics I already have them ready to go.

The part I am seeing is if people would be even interested in a big event as well as be willing to buck up and drive.

As with any event like this most people want the event in their back yard. So if I got 100 BMW's to join I will call that a success.

Comment

I'd absolutely love to drive CotA. Are we looking at a date in the spring, summer or fall?

Comment

Tentative is end of June 2016. Just before the heat / travel season.

Again nothing in stone yet.

Comment

FYI...it is the beginning of 2014 ;)
            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

It will likely take most of R3V's membership at least that long to save enough to go.

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                FYI...it is the beginning of 2014 ;)
                For a national event like this you have to plan now. Also remember this is not BMW doing this, it is mostly me.

So to ensure all logistics, hotel rooms, track fees, other activities are arranged, booked and planned, it takes that long to do it right.

Comment

Originally posted by m3dragon View Post
                  Tentative is end of June 2016. Just before the heat / travel season.

Again nothing in stone yet.

ummm in Texas the heat starts as early as april... FYI
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes I am aware.

The alternate location is in Kansas and using heart land of America.

I am just gauging interest at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X