325ix Touring gone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325ix Touring gone...

Well... I unfortunately lost my 325ix Touring that I imported from Europe due to a driver who doesn't know how to check his blind spots on the highway. During the next few months I will be liquidating all of the parts that I bought for the car and intended to put on it. I also have a lot of left overs from all the other E30s I owned for the last 8 years. I will start with all the Touring Specific parts. Most parts are either brand new or barely used (I only had the car for a year before it was hit).

Watch the For Sale forum if you're interested. I'll be selling tons of touring specific parts as well as a lot of very hard to find parts such as a brand new glass moon roof, M tech II steering wheel, M tech door sills, CD43 Head Unit, immaculate 325ix wheels etc etc.

I'll be out of the E30 community for a while as I don't plan to replace the touring with another E30. I'm sure I'll be back sooner or later

Watch the insurance auctions around Seattle if you're interested in the car. I'm sure they'll try to sell it soon. Other than the whole right side that got smashed, the car's body is in excellent condition with no rust. It has tons of brand new parts on it such as all of the suspension components, the engine is very low mileage (US cluster says 170K miles but the car only had 140K km on it). I hope someone saves it...

fuuuuuuuuucckkk. my condolences...
    2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
    (Daily Driver)
    Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
    KW V2 Coilovers
    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Why didn't you buy it back? I can't imagine them asking much for it, probably didn't know what it was.
      sigpic

Comment

They wanted over 3K for the car. I really wanted to buy it back but I just don't have the time to do the work. All of the panels on the right side needed replacing as well as the rear right axle and probably the trailing arm. If I kept it I would still probably make a profit on it but I'm in a situation right now that I just don't have the time to deal with it.

As fellow E30 owners I suppose you understand how heartbroken I was.

Comment

Very sorry to hear. You spent a ton of dough on parts too.. Thats so sad
          We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
            Very sorry to hear. You spent a ton of dough on parts too.. Thats so sad
            I sure did. You should know ;)

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I hate stupid drivers!

Comment

an inquisitive R3V fellow found it already :)

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/Vehicl...oadRecent=True

Let me know if someone here gets it. I have some of the parts that are needed to fix some of the damage. Plus I can tell you where to get an OEM brand new touring quarter panel that's NLA of course.

Comment

Sorry to hear about loss.....but - where are the iX flares and iX weaves?
                  Those look like euroweaves to me

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                  1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                  2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by tcheb View Post
                    an inquisitive R3V fellow found it already :)

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/Vehicl...oadRecent=True

Let me know if someone here gets it. I have some of the parts that are needed to fix some of the damage. Plus I can tell you where to get an OEM brand new touring quarter panel that's NLA of course.
                    Man, that's definitely fixable.

I take it the insurance company honored all/most of the receipts that you kept for all the parts purchased that were on the car?

Comment

Man, that sucks.

I'd want that interior, though.
                      My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                        Man, that sucks.

I'd want that interior, though.
                        The interior is indeed very valuable. Those seats are black leather sport heated sedan recaros. And they are in excellent shape! Insanely rare!

Comment

Originally posted by MyE30 View Post
                          Man, that's definitely fixable.

I take it the insurance company honored all/most of the receipts that you kept for all the parts purchased that were on the car?
                          It is definitely fixable. The main problem will be fixing the spring support. There was some rust there and the whole thing just collapsed. If someone is serious about buying the car, PM me. I can give you more info about all the damage there is on the car.

It is fixable but it required much more time than I was able to invest.

I sure hope someone gets it and saves it so that it doesn't end up at a junk yard.

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                            Sorry to hear about loss.....but - where are the iX flares and iX weaves?
                            Those look like euroweaves to me
                            The ix flares were removed when the car was painted. Both front fenders were replaced due to rust behind the flares (typical ix rust location). They have been painted in the same color as the car but never installed. I was actually in the process of installing them and drilled almost all the holes. I was on my way back from the bodyshop when the accident happened.

The flares should be inside the car (at least they were there when I gave the car to the insurance company).

As for the wheels, I removed the euroweaves that were on the car when I bought it because they were not ix wheels and they were sticking out way too much. The wheels currently on the car are 15" ix weaves with Michelin winter tires.

Comment

Sorry to hear that man. A 325ix touring is like a dream winter car for me.
                              Instagram
                              sigpic
                              Current: 99 M3
                              Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Working...
                              X