THR CAB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THR CAB's

Do you have to lube these things? My passenger control arm is noisy as hell.
    Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

I don't think so. How many miles on them?

-Spencer

Comment

um 20 tops

Comment

make sure the control arm tip is completely clean and smooth. And make sure the cabs are completely straight
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
          make sure the control arm tip is completely clean and smooth. And make sure the cabs are completely straight
          Good call.

I blow toreched my old CAB's off, left a lot of residue. Then I just sanded them for a while to get all the bits of rubber off. Maybe that one didnt get clean enough.

Think it will damage anything if I ignore it for 100 miles or so? I would much rather just tackle that when I do my brake upgrade.

Comment

Did you preload them when you installed them?
            '88 325ic

Comment

I dont think you can preload them. They rotate freely.

Aaron
              2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

When I removed mine the urethane bushings had actually rusted TO the control arms, all of which were installed brand spankin new. Yet THR recommends sanding the paint off the control arms... If you can get the white sleeve replacements. Mine used to pop VERY bad; now its rare to hear them at all. Food for thought.

Comment

I need to take mine off and sand them down they pop like hell.

'87 325 (Track Rat)
                  '04 C5500 Wrecker (Work)
                  '94 525i (Daily)
                  '90 325i (R.I.P)
                  H&R Race, Racing Dynamics Sway Bars, Tree House CAB's, Sparco Strut Bars and more.

Comment

Same, mine pop to the point that I regret ever buying them. They also rust like mad, as Ben mentioned.

Comment

I'm so glad I got the solid rubber M3 bushings. Hassle free and only 49.95 on ebay.

Comment

What part rusts? i thought they were alluminum? And I'm sure urethane doesn't rust...

-Erik

Comment

Originally posted by erik325i
                          What part rusts? i thought they were alluminum? And I'm sure urethane doesn't rust...

-Erik
                          The green paint flakes off instantly and they rust. I have about 20 miles on mine and all the paint is chipping off and rust is forming.

Comment

Yeah I love my m3 cabs, albeit Ive only had em for a week.
                            Back to my roots

Comment

Working...
                            X