"Aftermarket" State-Issued License Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
    I have an original CA 1990 issued plate on my car but I have no front. If anyone knows where I can have a decent copy made to run on the front (I'm aware of the ramifications) please PM me. CA requires a front plate and will not issue just one replacement.
    When I went to register my car after buying it they asked me if I had both plates, I said no so they gave me an entirely new license plate number, I still don't run the front plate. I've been driving without one since last July and have never been pulled over (knock on wood)

Comment

Originally posted by henryki View Post
      When I went to register my car after buying it they asked me if I had both plates, I said no so they gave me an entirely new license plate number, I still don't run the front plate. I've been driving without one since last July and have never been pulled over (knock on wood)
      i've played that game and lost too many times in west LA. other parts of CA you can get away with it.
      1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
      1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
      1974 2002tii / stock
      2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

i've played that game and lost too many times in west LA. other parts of CA you can get away with it.

Yeah I live in the IE and the closest I got to LA recently was for bimmerfest at the rose bowl haha

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tripp View Post
          Looks good on an E30....Do it!
          Hah

That's Dardi's e30
          Didn't know he posted any pictures of it

Comment

Friend of mine has been running one on the front of his Subaru for years. Even has the Ohio state emblem.

91 318is M50 swapped
            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Jinxed it....got a front plate ticket on my cul de sac 5am this morning
              1974 2002tii / stock
              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

jinxed it....got a front plate ticket on my cul de sac 5am this morning
                LOL WTF I drive around like this and still have no problems (knock on wood)

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I ran euro plates with my Australian registration number on them for over 3 years before I received a ticket for "false plates", only $100.. So I then kept them on for another 4 years before getting another ticket from the same police officer! This time I was forced to remove them :/

R.H.D
                  M-technic I club

Comment

Maybe I should YOLO it

Comment

Im old but I dont understand this. All youre doing is giving the cops a legit reason to pull you over and fuck with you. But my kids drive around with tail lights out and crap and wonder why they get pulled over. If your car is 100% legal you can get away with much more
                      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I just don't want to have to turn in my old 3B block-print plate to get issued new 7F 'i just bought this' plates
                        1974 2002tii / stock
                        2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Working...
                        X